Notices

CQuartz or Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CQuartz or Zaino

Are these competing products or are they different? I have used Zaino on my previous cars but not sure about my new C4S.
I have the entire car with a clear bra from Sun-Tek and want to apply something on top. These come up as recommendations but not sure which is better or are they just different?

I also read that Reload was good to put on after the CQuartz but it did not say anything about Zaino.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Range Rover
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 65 Posts

They're completely different products. Though not entirely familiar with CQuartz, I do know that it is nano coating, which lasts far longer and likely provides better protection from the elements than Zaino does. It also has better scratch resistance than Zaino. Zaino is more like a wax... it lasts longer than a wax, but still not as long as a coating. Other coatings to consider are 22ple (my favorite... gives an amazing shine and lasts for two years) and OptiCoat, which supposedly lasts forever. The coatings are more difficult to apply (make sure the surface is free from all imperfections prior to application, as any flaws will be sealed in). Also, I'm not sure about applying Cquartz (or any other nano coating) over a clear bra... may want to consult detailersdomain on here about that.

Here are some pics of my 928, which is coated with 22ple... poor quality, as they are iPhone pics, but you can get an idea of the gloss that 22ple provides.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

CQuartz Finest
Old 03-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Zaino is just a polymeric protectant and based upon my use and evaluation it's nothing special IMHO. I haven't tried CQuarts but from what I've seen it is an actual coating/barrier on the paint.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:17 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 751 Likes on 392 Posts

We use CQ Finest...it can be applied over clear bra
Old 09-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Rennaissance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for 22ple. I recommend VX Pro II over VX1 as I tried both and Pro2 looks so much better. Water beads like crazy, paint is smooth as silk after a simple wash. This is the best stuff available to the public.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:25 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CQuartz

Originally Posted by Samp4
Are these competing products or are they different? I have used Zaino on my previous cars but not sure about my new C4S.
I have the entire car with a clear bra from Sun-Tek and want to apply something on top. These come up as recommendations but not sure which is better or are they just different?

I also read that Reload was good to put on after the CQuartz but it did not say anything about Zaino.
Yes, they are two different products as stated.
CQuartz is a Nano-Coating. It can be applied over the clear bra and you also can use Re-load to keep it going strong. CQuartz has a few products in the line with the premier product being CQuartz Finest. Prior to applying it, the installer would polish your paint which will enhance the gloss effect that CQuartz Finest provides. Your car will be protected for up to and sometimes over 2 years, and will be more chemically resistant and water spot resistant..and did I mention the gloss?!!

Zaino as stated is a protection product, but will not hold up like CQuartz products will.

HUMP
Carolina Auto Image
Upstate, SC
www.carolinaautoimage.com
info@carolinaautoimage.com
FB and INSTAGRAM
Old 11-18-2015, 04:23 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Cquatrz(UK) self applied after a polish on the Porsche and Cquartz only the the Subi.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: CQuartz or Zaino