Notices

Best product to remove exhaust "bluing"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:29 AM
BradS(IN)
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best product to remove exhaust "bluing"?

My SS exhaust system has started turning yellow at the tips. Need a good idea on getting the SS look back?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To clean exhaust piping use a polishing powder (Blue Coral Blue Buster) to remove ‘blue’ from exhaust pipes wet towel and polish, it will not scratch chrome, can also be used on brass and stainless steel
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Autosol EO1290 Bluing Remover (try Amazon) is a great product, follow it up with any decent metal polish.

Also, you might consider not doing anything. On SS, you'll always be chasing this problem. Also, once you start with the cleaners, the pipes will become "addicted" to them. They may start to tarnish in unattractive patterns after cleaning, rather than an all-over patina. On my motorcycles, I just let a nice gold/yellow patina develop then let it stay - polishing just to remove haze. However, if you enjoy the cleaning and polishing and sense of pride that the clean Stainless provides, by all means find what works and keep using it.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:34 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Get it ceramic powder coated. Black, silver,........ No maintenance. Adds 2 HP to the butt dyno.

Quick Reply: Best product to remove exhaust "bluing"?