Notices

Leather scratches/divots

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Leather scratches/divots

I noticed deep scratches or divots around the leather surround of my rear speakers. Is there any recommendations to smooth them out or get rid of them? Is it even possible?

Search function isn't working right now....
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like the finish (urethane) is damaged, while its possible a midly abrasive product will remove them, cleaning will not.

To ensure adhesion lightly sand areas to be re-coloured by using an abrasive (Scotchbrite 7447 - Maroon pad, General Purpose Hand - 320-400 grit) You’ll need to break down approximately 25µ (1 mil) of the surface, this is important so the new leather dye can ‘key’ into the finished leather and look natural. Be consistent in how far you remove the pigmentation, it is not necessary to completely remove the pigmentation that is sitting on the leather surface. Remove dust with a tack rag or damp micro fibre towel

Swissvax Leather Healer is an easy-to-apply leather pigment (dye) comprising a high number of super fine pigments combining best results with a minimum thickness pigment application so that the look and feel of the leather is not affected as it is the case with many other leather dyes. The Swissvax dye is easily applied with a small sponge and sets automatically and permanently.

The leathers fine and natural structure as well as its typical original feel are perfectly preserved. 46 Standard Colours are available or you can also send a small leather sample and they will match your interiors leather colour.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:52 AM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

TOGWT......love the Avatar brings back great memories of my youth watching The Old Grey Whistle Test........pre MTV and so much better:-)

Quick Reply: Leather scratches/divots