Review: Tuf Shine tire dressing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Review: Tuf Shine tire dressing

the short.
Wouldnt use on my DD, on p-cars or low profile tires, yes i do think i will continue to use this product...

the long...

this stuff requires WORK. its pretty annoying actually. you have to clean all the silicone based dressing off the tires first with the scrub brush and their spray. this will typically take at least 6 applications of scrubbing and washing PER tire, until the foam is white. once thats done, clean your car then apply the tuf shine.

i used this on my Tacoma first and it required about half the bottle of cleaner to do the initial cleaning of the tires. ouch. it took a long time. i applied two coats of the tuf shine. I took the truck on a week long 1000 mile drive. the tires looked identical to the way they looked when i applied it a week earlier after the trip. The shine dries glossy but its totally dry to the touch, it doesnt come off on your fingers or clothing. It does not fly off or come off in water. i even washed the truck (without scrubbing the tires) and the tuf shine was still on. the best part about it is, stuff wont stick to the dressing like pollen, sand or dirt ect...

all that said, its too much work on fat rubber (DD). I have applied it to my 993 with great results. and it does seem to be able to withstand time and most of the elements. perfect for our cars that arent really put through too much. The sheen can be satin or gloss depending on if you apply one or two coats. it is pretty cool that it does not fade or come off, even after a 1000 mile drive.

http://www.detailedimage.com/TUF-SHI...ance-Kit-P545/

Last edited by EMBPilot; 06-07-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

How does it hold up to tire scrub from hard cornering? That's always been my issue on the Spyder, the edges always get scuffed and need dressing reapplied after a couple of drives.

Quick Reply: Review: Tuf Shine tire dressing