Notices

Cracked dash pad prevention, what product?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:59 AM
pantera43
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked dash pad prevention, what product?

Not sure what material the dash pad of my 964 is. I do know I'd like to keep it in the pristine condition its in. Anyone have a product they would recommend? Would simply Armorall suffice?

Many thanks,

Dan
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't use Armorall. You'll get banned from Rennlist.

If leather, use a product like Zaino Z10 Leather In A Bottle. If vinyl, use Aerospace 303.

And buy & use a quality sun shade.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 AM
pantera43
Pro

No HTwo O, very much appreciate the recommendation. Will do my best to never mention the A word on Rennlist again

Dan
Old 07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's very important to use a product that contains ultra violet (UV) protection.

Periodically clean using
Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore the original texture, tactile feel and resiliency

Protection – using 1z einszett Vinyl Rubber Care & Potectant "Tiefenpfleger” for use on clean or pre-cleaned vinyl or rubber, it provides a temperature-resistant seal and a low-shine matte finish Dust-resistant and retards the fading effects of UV rays to keep exterior ‘rubber’ and vinyl looking like new.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 PM
plambert
Instructor

my 964 (which was originally a Florida car) came with a black carpet (nylon?), with finished edges and cutouts in all of the right places. Its held in place with a few strips of velcro. It looks great, and the dash underneath is perfect.

Couple of additional bennies:
1. No glare from the dash
2. Sunglasses don't slide all over the dash (under "normal" driving)
3. Radar detector (with 3 velcro stick-on dots) stays put and is easily removed from the dash when i park.

I can take & send pics if that w/b helpful

Phil
Old 07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

303 Aerospace Protectant. Great for vinyl & you can use it on leather. Great preservative with UV protection.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
YRUNVS
Advanced

TOGWT:
I am suspecting the guidance I have read about NOT conditioning the leather on the dash or doors may be related to wrinkling and separation of the leather from the substrate. Just a guess on my part. Would you please elaborate on this for us. However given the heat and sun exposure of these surfaces would they not need some love as well? I have been given advice to use 303 or some other sun block for leather dash surfaces, but would not this leather benefit from remoisturization? thanks Doug

Last edited by YRUNVS; 02-22-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Cracked dash pad prevention, what product?