Notices

Cleaning silver painted calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Edward 96 Viper GTS
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cleaning silver painted calipers?

what is the best way to clean the silver calipers? Products ?
Tia
Ed
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cleaning- use caution when cleaning as the finish on some callipers use a powder coating (Brembo, etc) that can be stained by some wheel cleaners. Always ensure that the brake callipers are cool to the touch; never use a cleaner on hot callipers, wheels or brakes. Use a pH balanced cleaner just for an extra level of safety. Spray the cool calliper with d-limonene (citrus) based solvent P21S® Wheel Cleaner Gel or P21S® Polishing Soap, which contains micro-abrasives, agitate with a soft brush and then rinse off with clean water. Wipe surfaces with a soft wash mitt, sponge or micro fibre towel.

Protection - apply a protection to the face of the calliper using a polymer sealant (the melting point of most waxes is too low for the heat attained by wheel / calliper surfaces) similar to that used on your paint (Wheel Wax, Zanio, Duragloss, Opti-Seal, etc)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I RejeX wax (Bumperplugs) my calipers. Than, all I ever need to clean 'em is my Adam's car wash soap and warm water. And this little brush (both from Detailer's Domain) helps, too:
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
I RejeX wax (Bumperplugs) my calipers. Than, all I ever need to clean 'em is my Adam's car wash soap and warm water. And this little brush (both from Detailer's Domain) helps, too:
Plus one although I've been using wheel wax since I already had it.

If the calipers are very dirty I would use P21S Total Auto Wash and the same boars hair brush to get into the tight areas. Don't let it sit and rinse thoroughly.

Quick Reply: Cleaning silver painted calipers?