Notices

I'm Building the Ultimate Porsche Garage . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Kathleeno
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Building the Ultimate Porsche Garage . . .

Hello! My client has asked our architectural firm to design him the ultimate Porsche garage for his collection of 8 gorgeous cars. We'll have an indoor car washing station, complete with curtains to keep the other cars from getting wet. Since we need to include a power-washer, and it seems the best kind are the ones with warm water and not just cold, we are wondering what you guys recommend? What brand is top of the line? Are there any power-washers with variable speed settings? There will be a vacuum system to keep everything nice and clean.

Also, has anyone used the CamSpray wallmount series of power washers?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by Kathleeno; 04-03-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Trying to get more specific info out there
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM
El Fredo
Advanced

My guess is most people here do not use a pressure washer on there cars. I do on my work car but not my Pcar! There is a device called a foam cannon I have used that works in conjunction with a pressure
washer for a presoak then hand wash and dry. Karcher puts out a line of good pressure washers.
Go to utube to see the foam cannon in action. Btw I would consider a dedicated room for washing
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Kdude
Advanced

Wow your client is one lucky guy. I have a suggestion for you. I built a detail garage in an apt. building i own. I ran two 3/4" hot and cold water copper pipes. I have about 90 lbs psi direct from the city. This is usually good enough for most cars that are maintained with a wash once a week.

For the tougher jobs I did install a pressure washer. I bought it from Detailers Domain. Its called a Kranzie K20177. It is a good unit. I didn't have any luck with Costco Karcher products.

Would love to see the finished pictures of the garage and the toys in it...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the Kranzle
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

I've used the Kranzle K1120T Pressure Washer (not cheap at $800.00) but is an amazing performer. it's built for life. I've had no issues using them everyweek and have done so since Feb 2010.

Hi craig
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
LC997C4s
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Kranzle Pressure Washer and Foam Cannon only way to go...you should speak with Phil at Detailers Domain....he probably can help you out
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Amar

Used mine today to power wash the driveway, thanks to this thread
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Detailing Bay

Twelve-foot (12') ceilings and a ten-foot (10') door opening should accommodate most vehicles. Two twenty-five by twelve foot (25’ x 12’) bays and a twelve by thirty foot (12’ x 30’) office/storage space for supplies, this will enable one dry and one wet, one should have a floor drain with holding tank and one should house a forty eight inch (48”) scissor lift.

Walls: Interior Acrylic enamels with a low lustre sheen (Reflects well but not blinding) and provides a very durable/ washable surface finish over a good quality primer.

Floors: Fill in any cracks and remove old paint etc, etch concrete surface with muriatic acid before applying two (2) coats minimum.

Wall Base Moulding: To seal the floor/wall and provide a practical waterproof finish (apply to wall with tape

Power: Dedicated 20 amp circuits (with GFI) for the Air compressor, pressure washer, and carpet extractor, with overhead retractable power outlets for polishers and buffers.

Lighting: florescent lamps come in hundreds of different lengths and widths, but the most energy-efficient lamp is a T-8, which is a one-inch diameter tubular lamp. T-8 lamps are rated at 32 watts compared to the 40 watt rating of T-12 lamps, and yet provide the same level of illumination. The T-8 lamp has a CRI of 75, which is a 21 percent improvement over the old T-12s. This means that colours should appear truer to sunlight under the T-8 lamps.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 AM
El Fredo
Advanced

The Kranzie is very good ! The karcher higher end line is worth looking at it will hot water and is stationary
Old 04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Jim Devine
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Lista or Stanley Vidmar cabinets & tool boxes.
A project like this should have the good stuff, not wood cabs. A nice quiet rotary screw air compressor
(Kayser etc) remotely located would be nice also.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

www.garagejournal.com is a great resource. I'm sure the indoor wash station won't be the first. eg: here is one of many threads on Kranzle: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...hlight=kranzle

For hose reels you want *** Reels or Reelcraft (depending on if color themes are red or blue!)

My build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5272

Quick Reply: I'm Building the Ultimate Porsche Garage . . .