Notices

Porsche Parade 2012 - Auto Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Porsche Parade 2012 - Auto Detailing

I'm planning on driving from WI to UT for the 2012 Porsche Parade. I think the trip will be a lot of fun, but I'm not looking forward to the impossible to avoid stone chips and wear and tear on the body of my 993. I thought it would be a great idea to have an auto detailer there at the parade. What a great way to capitalize and make some money at the same time. I think it could be a win/win. What do you detailers out there think or is this something that's already done?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

My only response would be that good work can't be rushed and I would expect the car to be out of commission for almost a day depending on the work being done.

If you don't already have a clear bra I would highly recommend it if you are concerned about rock chips. They really do work well and if you have a custom install done the lines are not really visible.

Wish I lived closer to one of the Parade events so I could actually make it to one.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Unique Car Care
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what Marine Blue said and invest in a clear bra to protect the paint against bugs and stone chips on that long ride.

If having a clear bra isn't something you're interested in having applied, you may want to consider purchasing a new product called "The Mask". It is a temporary spray-on clear bra, which will temporarily protect your paint from bugs and stone chips on a long ride and can be completely removed with soap and water.

Detailers Domain (a forum sponsor) carries this product: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wolfs...ask_p_663.html

Have fun at the parade and be sure to post some pictures!

Quick Reply: Porsche Parade 2012 - Auto Detailing