Notices

Sticky seat backs

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sticky seat backs

In the summer, the back of my seats become so sticky, that when you exit the vehicle, your shirt sticks. I've tried Leatherique (cleaner and conditioner) but it didn't help. The seats are black, in good shape, no cracks or anything. Because of this problem, I'm assuming they may have been repaired/reconditioned at some point and maybe that repair is failing. Is there anything I can do to clean them to remove the stickiness and then recondition them?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 AM
DetailDan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might want to look into Leather Masters products. You can get them from Phil @ detailers domain.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

After using Leatherique did you try wiping the surface with a damp Microfiber towel? Leatherique can be oily/sticky depending on how much remains on the leather and I've found that a damp Microfiber does a great job removing any excess.

Leather Masters Strong Cleaner is excellent, I prefer it over Leatherique but I'm not sure it would eliminate the stickiness issue.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Marineblue-You are correct. When I used the Leatherique, it did seem to make the leather more sticky. After I pull it out of winter storage, I'll try again and then use a wet microfiber towel after to see if that helps. If not, I'm going to try the leather masters.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 738 Likes on 390 Posts

It sounds like you didn't remove all the rej oil. Try cleaning once more with prestine clean and you should solve the problem. Leatherique is great stuff...just requires lots of labor and good technique.

Quick Reply: Sticky seat backs