Notices

328i by Concours Werkstatt

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
countrysquire
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 328i by Concours Werkstatt

...but that's not the story. Decided to put a layer of OptiCoat on my wife's 328i, which is never garaged and should be a good testimonial for potential OptiCoat customers. This car was polished about 5 months ago and then received two coats of UPGP which was holding up very well. The paint was in nice shape, but I wanted to polish it and get the paint in the best shape that I could before applying the coating.

The process:

Washed with Dawn, then clayed, followed by a second Dawn wash. Was surprised to see how well it was still beading.
Next up was the Meguiar's D300 with the MF pad. This is where I was shocked. never have I seen a compound finish as well as the D300. The clarity of the finish that was achieved was stunning. So pure and clear with such a relatively small amount of effort.
After an IPA wipe down, I went over the surface with D301 and the Meg's MF finishing pad.
Now it was time for the bamboo skewer to get any residue from the nooks and crannies.
One more IPA wipe down and it was finally time for the Opticoat. This went on much like OptiSeal, and much like OptiSeal, I wondered if I was applying enough!

Anyway, the real learning to me here was just how well the new D300/301 work in conjunction with the MF pads.

All the Photos are after shots as the car didn't have any real issues before I began.

Thanks for looking!

Bobby

Quick Reply: 328i by Concours Werkstatt