Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:19 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 708 Likes on 369 Posts
Lightbulb Kranzle Pressure Washer Promotion - Beat the May 1st 10% Price Hike

If you're not familiar with Kranzle, it's one the finest pressure washer manufacturers in the world. All units are hand assembled in Germany and are built and tested with the highest quality and craftsmanship in mind. When you absolutely have to have the best in performance, feature, quality, and value, nothing short of a Kranzle will do.

On May 1st, there will be a price hike of 10% in the US. We want to pass this last opportunity to all you enthusiasts that have ever considered a quality pressure washer that you can use and pass down to the next generation.

Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or would like to place your order.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Orders have to be placed today or tomorrow to beat the May 1st deadline. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:40 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 449 Posts

Moe, what do you use a pressure washer for and how do you use it in the detailing process?
Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Moe, what do you use a pressure washer for and how do you use it in the detailing process?
The pressure washer was a tool that I never recommended until we started doing new-car preps at the dealerships for our clients. The efficiency and productivity of a pressure washer convinced me of how a valuable tool this can be. The stories of damaged paints, damaged electrical, etc. always concerned me, but I realized with anything, there's use and abuse.

We decided to go with the kranzle line for quality and durability. We use it to wash the car, comes in handy for cleaning wheels, engine compartment, etc.

Another great benefit of using the pressure washer is we use much less water. We used about 15-20 gallons prior to using the pressure washer and now we don't even use 5 gallons.

A cost-saving benefit of using a pressure washer is that it's doubling the life of the resin in our CR Spotless. CR, DIC-20, has an output of 4 gpm, and our pressure washer limits the output to 2 gpm since the water is pressurized.

When used properly, pressure washers are more gentle and effective than a garden hose.

Hope this explains all the benefits of using a pressure washer.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:21 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
The pressure washer was a tool that I never recommended until we started doing new-car preps at the dealerships for our clients. The efficiency and productivity of a pressure washer convinced me of how a valuable tool this can be. The stories of damaged paints, damaged electrical, etc. always concerned me, but I realized with anything, there's use and abuse.
In my case, not being in a business, I am not too worried about "efficiency and productivity" and more about the long term effects of the use of a pressure washer. I do have one, but it might be used for cleaning the wheels & tires when they are off the car.

As for the "use" and "abuse", that is why I asked. I know how powerful the forces exerted by a pressure washer can be. I do not recommend doing this, but I once placed a couple of fingers at a very shallow angle downstream of the pressure washer nozzle. Holy crap!!! Its not what I want hitting my paint. So back off you say. OK, but then all I've done is reduced the effectiveness to the level of a garden hose or somewhere in between. In the end, I prefer slower and gentle over quicker and harsher.

I can see using one to rinse my car if I stand back at least six feet...same effect as using my garden hose though.

We decided to go with the Kranzle line for quality and durability. We use it to wash the car, comes in handy for cleaning wheels, engine compartment, etc.
I checked their web site. No doubt good quality pumps and motors, but for home use, my $175 Kärcher will do. I chose the one with an induction motor for long life.

I'm cringing at the thought of using one in an engine compartment or around wheels due to the immediate proximity of the brake calipers and bearings.

For my engine, I'll use commercial grade Facto AT-30 water based degreaser and then rinse using a fine spray/mist setting of my garden hose nozzle.

Another great benefit of using the pressure washer is we use much less water. We used about 15-20 gallons prior to using the pressure washer and now we don't even use 5 gallons.

A cost-saving benefit of using a pressure washer is that it's doubling the life of the resin in our CR Spotless. CR, DIC-20, has an output of 4 gpm, and our pressure washer limits the output to 2 gpm since the water is pressurized.
Once again, a major benefit in your line of work. I can understand your rationale in that case.

When used properly, pressure washers are more gentle and effective than a garden hose.
At a distance, it can be as gentle, but then that sort of defeats the purpose of using high pressure. Lets face it, other than the benefits of using less water, they are designed to reduce workload, but at a cost.

Hope this explains all the benefits of using a pressure washer.
Moe, I'll continue to use the soft spray-mist feature of my garden hose nozzle. I thought maybe I was missing something in the way they can be used safely. I'll stick to slow and gentle.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Alex, once you use a pressure washer properly, you'd never use a garden hose. Even a cheap one from lowes or home depot will do a great job. Bottom line, efficiency and productivity is important even if you're not in business; that's if you value your time.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:34 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Alex, once you use a pressure washer properly, you'd never use a garden hose.
Moe, are you talking about using one where it also soaps up your vehicle thereby eliminating the use of a wash mitt totally?

Bottom line, efficiency and productivity is important even if you're not in business; that's if you value your time.
I do but not that much as this is mental therapy. Ever own a motorcycle?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:49 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Moe, are you talking about using one where it also soaps up your vehicle thereby eliminating the use of a wash mitt totally?

I do but not that much as this is mental therapy. Ever own a motorcycle?
The foam lance should NEVER take the place of washing with a soap and mitt. Foaming the car down is a pre-soak to dissolve majority of the dirt. You then rinse, and wash as normal.

You have a pressure washer, so you obviously see the value in owning one. I personally get great joy when washing the family Cayenne and it too is therapy. But after using proper tools, pressure washer being one of them, I couldn't go back to doing it with a garden hose. For one, it wastes too much resin in my CR and that costs more money to replace in the long run than owning an inexpensive pressure washer.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

The foam lance should NEVER take the place of washing with a soap and mitt. Foaming the car down is a pre-soak to dissolve majority of the dirt. You then rinse, and wash as normal.
On that subject, lets talk about the steps if I have them right...
  • Wash to remove dirt; broken down into further steps depending on the level of dirt.
  • Clean the paint; either a liquid cleaner and/or clay.
  • Polish the paint and depending on the condition, multi-stages required.
  • Wax the paint to seal and protect it.

Do we have a step-by-step sticky detailing the above...in even greater detail?

You have a pressure washer, so you obviously see the value in owning one.
I bought it two years ago just to wash my wheels/tires before putting them in the basement and out-of-the-way and to wash the deck, etc. I won't consider using it on my motorcycles or cars, but that me.

I can see using it on a muddy moto crosser where it get lots of periodic maintenance where I am not worried about getting water into the wheel or steering head bearings as they would get changed out often.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:44 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

On that subject, lets talk about the steps if I have them right...
  • Wash to remove dirt; broken down into further steps depending on the level of dirt.
  • Clean the paint; either a liquid cleaner and/or clay.
  • Polish the paint and depending on the condition, multi-stages required.
  • Wax the paint to seal and protect it.

Do we have a step-by-step sticky detailing the above...in even greater detail?

I bought it two years ago just to wash my wheels/tires before putting them in the basement and out-of-the-way and to wash the deck, etc. I won't consider using it on my motorcycles or cars, but that me.

I can see using it on a muddy moto crosser where it get lots of periodic maintenance where I am not worried about getting water into the wheel or steering head bearings as they would get changed out often.
I call it Trinity: Clay, Polish, Wax. That's it. No matter who's product you use, follow those three steps, and you'll have properly done an exterior paint detail.

Here's a more in-depth article on Trinity:

http://glisteningperfection.com/blog/?p=45
Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW... thanks Moe
Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
BTW... thanks Moe
You're welcome. Have you had a chance to use yours?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

You're welcome. Have you had a chance to use yours?
I did, used it to clean my deck. Great product
Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

What about the foam cannon?
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
What about the foam cannon?
Coming from Germany. Should be here in a few weeks. Will ship as soon as it arrives.

Quick Reply: Kranzle Pressure Washer Promotion - Beat the May 1st 10% Price Hike