Notices

951 ongoing paint correction

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM
speedfreak81
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 951 ongoing paint correction

Picked this car up last summer, some of you may be familiar with my previous posts regarding it's history. Quick summary: 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) Maraschino Red Metallic / linen leather, 52k current original miles.

Dealership mucked up the paint pretty well and it's been an ongoing resurection since last August. I haven't gotten to spend much time on it since last fal,l but decided to work on it this weekend a bit. This car will be as close to perfection as the paint will allow.....or until I decide that being the most **** human being on earth has lost it's luster.

Anyway, a few progress pictures I figured you all would enjoy. BTW, all of these shots were taken with my iPhone4.

Sunroof seal previously trashed by whoever tried to "detail" the car. This will be replaced in the spring.

Turbo badge in decent shape, but will be replaced also

Love this shot!

Thanks for looking!

-Brian
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

Wow Brian, excellent work.

Stunning color too! Porsche sure knows how to pick and paint colors. Never seen so many color changing vehicles until I started paying attention to Porsche's color palette.

On the passenger side rear fender, is that the reflection or is the paint worn through?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 PM
speedfreak81
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Wow Brian, excellent work.

Stunning color too! Porsche sure knows how to pick and paint colors. Never seen so many color changing vehicles until I started paying attention to Porsche's color palette.

On the passenger side rear fender, is that the reflection or is the paint worn through?
Thanks! I believe it was just a bit of sealant that I didn't wipe off. Taken care of now though.

Quick Reply: 951 ongoing paint correction