Recommendations for Detailing supplies

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:18 PM
ryguy993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for Detailing supplies

Hi All,
I have been following this forum for a few months now awaiting the arrival of my 96 porsche 993 C4S. The car will be here in a few weeks and I want to get a good detailing set up. I have detailed cars before but definetly not professionally. I would like to be able to polish and remove swirl marks in the paint and give the car a good wax protection. This set up will also be for my DD (2004 Audi A6 3.0) and for my Wife's Car (2006 BMW 325xi wagon). I am going to need to start from scratch and get a polisher, pads, and supplies.

Let me know what you would recommend for a general detailing set-up.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Tons of info already in this section but what I personally use after having read many threads here is as follows:

This is for light swirl marks

Porter Cable 7424
Lake Country Pads
Menzerna Polishes
Klasse Sealant (hand applied)
P21S Wax (Porter Cable applied)

And to prevent the marks to re-occur I use a sheep/lamb skin wash mitt and various plush microfiber towels for drying, wiping, buffing.

I would recommend following the threads started by guys like DetailersDomain, Cosmin and MoeMistry. These guys usually will have before/after shots and sometimes even a list of tools used to get the job accomplished for the particular situations.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:22 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

I too have recreationally detailed many a car and my latest favorite product line is "Adam's Polish".

Do a search...great products, great info videos

Detailer's domain carrys it.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 AM
ryguy993
Racer

Thanks for the recomendations.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Meguiars polishes are excellent and there's are so many levels from an ultra fine finishing polish to a full compound depending on what you're trying to do. Posting some up close pictures of the paint will help us make recommendations.

Agree that the PC7424XP is a great tool and worth every cent. You can buy a similar version from Griots which comes with a lifetime warranty.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:31 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 707 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by ryguy993
Hi All,
I have been following this forum for a few months now awaiting the arrival of my 96 porsche 993 C4S. The car will be here in a few weeks and I want to get a good detailing set up. I have detailed cars before but definetly not professionally. I would like to be able to polish and remove swirl marks in the paint and give the car a good wax protection. This set up will also be for my DD (2004 Audi A6 3.0) and for my Wife's Car (2006 BMW 325xi wagon). I am going to need to start from scratch and get a polisher, pads, and supplies.

Let me know what you would recommend for a general detailing set-up.

Thanks,
Ryan
Great buy Ryan...a 993 C4S will be pretty sweet.

The porsche paint will be easy to fix, but the audi and bmw will react much more different since the paint is harder.

Not sure what your budget is, but if you want a setup that will handle all three cars, then our advanced polish kit is my recommendation. We sell both the pc and the flex. If you want a tool that is pro-grade and very efficient and well-built, then the flex is for you. If on a budget then pc will do the job but it takes longer and the results won't be quite as good as the flex.

Let me know if this leads you down the right path.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Detailing supplies