Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:49 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 736 Likes on 389 Posts
Default Ferrari 599GTB Paint Correction and Detail

Here's another 599 we did a while ago. The initial condition was typical of a car we get that has never been properly detailed. As you'll see, the exterior had quite deep scratches and imperfections that needed our TLC. The interior of this 599 also got some close attention. The leather and upholstery cleaned up pretty good. I hope you guys enjoy reading this post as much as we did working on this gorgeous Ferrari.

Initial Condition

Tires, Wheels, and Wheel Well Cleaned - 40 Minutes

P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner is dwelling. This breaks down road grimme, tar, and brake dust.

Engine Cleaned - 20 Minutes

P21S Total Auto Wash, a citrus cleaner, was used to break down, loosen, and dissolve dirt and oils in the engine bay.

Exterior Rinsed and Washed - 30 Minutes

Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Exterior is dried by hand and forced air dryer - 20 Minutes

Decontaminate Paint Surface - 30 Minutes

Initial Interior Condition

Interior Cleaned using Lumiere Natural Leather Cleaner and Conditioned - 195 Minutes

Prepped for Paint Correction - 20 Minutes

Initial Paint Condition

Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Paint Measurements taken to get an idea of paint thickness and what process should be used when polishing - 10 Minutes

Paint Correction - 630 Minutes

You can see the scratches and imperfections in the paint

Areas machine could not reach had to be polished by hand

Paint Hand Polished and Waxed - 100 Minutes

All door jams polished and waxed

Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tires, Wheels, Wheel Wells, cleaned and conditioned - 80 Minutes

Rubber Cleaner applied to loosen dirt and grimme

The dirt accumulated on the interior glass

Tire Conditioner applied

Tires evened out and final condition

Tail Pipes Cleaned and Polished - 45 Minutes

Glass surfaces cleaned and polished - 35 Minutes

Dirt and grimme accumulated on interior glass

Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Final Results

Another happy and satisfied client. He's a professional driver for team StopTech/GMG

Old 04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
pushtiulk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moe, you did a great job. Congrats!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pushtiulk
Moe, you did a great job. Congrats!
Thanks for checking it out.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Amazing...do you ever get up to LA? And...if you could..I know it's not nice to ask...but could you PM me the cost of a detail like that?

Thanks!

Damien
Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Damien Lewis
Wow! Amazing...do you ever get up to LA? And...if you could..I know it's not nice to ask...but could you PM me the cost of a detail like that?

Thanks!

Damien
Thanks for checking out this thread Damien. Our prices are found here:

http://glisteningperfection.com/services.php
Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 PM
99C2
Instructor

Moe:

I wish I had the money to to just **** on such a car and pay an expert like you to get it back in shape! Wow!

99C2
Old 04-20-2010, 11:26 PM
99C2
Instructor

MOe:

Also - when are you goting to put together a group buy for the Flex Kit?? You can count me in!!!

99C2
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 PM
BBrice
Intermediate

Looks good Moe, one thing might help you out in the future I saw was washing the vertical panels from top to bottom instead of dragging your washing tool along the body, I know that fender is very tempting to massage long ways, it's just much better practice to wash top to bottom just for the slight chance of marring, hope this helps
Old 05-16-2010, 12:06 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BBrice
Looks good Moe, one thing might help you out in the future I saw was washing the vertical panels from top to bottom instead of dragging your washing tool along the body, I know that fender is very tempting to massage long ways, it's just much better practice to wash top to bottom just for the slight chance of marring, hope this helps
Not sure what you mean...we always wash from top to bottom. Are wash mitt is always rinsed too before going back into the wash bucket.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:49 PM
BBrice
Intermediate

The 21st pic down, that fender was not washed topped to bottom, it was washed along the body, what a huge no-no.

I am so tired of people popping up passing themselves off as the wiki MichaelAngelo of detailing, yet a simple regimen error such as this is evident in almost every thread you post pics in. I'm not saying you're a bad detailer, just that there are many out there with much more know how and experience than you, yet you attempt to muzzle them everywhere you go online, by passing yourself off as where the buck stops in detailing In reality is the buck exceeds you immensely. I am not suggesting you don't get results, that part is fine, the evident lack of experience shines everywhere else.

You responded to a gentleman who had an issue with his clear bra, your answer was a link to your store, and very limited text explanation. It seems your answer to any detailing issue is to buy a product from Moe's store. You delete very impressive write ups on this board and others, so others won't see how ordinary you can look. You try to eliminate competition as opposed to bring your skills and understanding to an elite level.

Clear bra's come in different material form Moe, some can be polished, and some cannot, some clean up with alcohol. FYI. Speaking of alcohol. Speaking of alcohol, I never seem to see you mention any type of wipedown after Menzerna polishes, another no-no in most professionals opinion, of course that's been discussed hasn't it.

Last edited by BBrice; 05-16-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM
BBrice
Intermediate

Moe,

I didn’t mean to come across as somebody who is looking to nitpick you on a simple detailing misnomer as washing the car with bad technique. I am sure you observed all considerations and did not do any visible damage to the car. I also want to emphasize that the direction you wash a car, or the numerous comments you make that only highlight your lack of knowledge to more creditable detailers, does not ultimately effect my life.

On here, as well as numerous other detailing sites, you have finagled your way into detailing infamy. Legions of unsuspecting members have been tricked by your devious and deceitful tactics. You have banned me and my friends on other forums, you have had posts that directly contradicted your marketing ploys with knowledge and experience deleted.

You have, by manipulating forums from behind the scenes, created the illusion that are some type of detailing guru, and that is my problem. If you were truly passionate about other peoples cars you would benefit from the knowledge that you could gain. I have no doubt you do good work, but I also have no doubt that your knowledge is more marketing hyperbole than real. You attempt to sell somebody Menzerna polishes, from your web-store, when they ask you about how to correct scratches. Why wouldn’t you educate them, with you knowledge, on the different types of clear bras, and thus admit that your recommendation could be dangerous to their film. You could have suggested they attempt a test spot, in an small area, and give them an idea on how to apply the product. You could have cared about their car, instead of selling product and lining your pocket.

The sad and most frustrating part is that it is hard to gauge where you stand: Do you admit your lack of knowledge, and thus block other, more knowledge detailers from speaking, to make yourself look good? Or do you really believe that Zymol makes the greatest wax in the world, and that it is at all chemically different, in terms of active ingredients, then a 40 dollar wax? If you really believe that Zymol is the best, then why do you sell Swissvax.

So in the end, I suggest that you hang out with the actual product manufacturers and the people who produce the products, instead of reading marketing. Then you would learn that…

All polishes fill (this is from the formulator of Menzerna directly!!!!!) because of the oils used. You would rather believe Jeff Silver, who by all accounts, cannot even polish his gee-tar.

Almost all products feature some type of silicone or polymer, even the waxes you claim don’t. I guess it is easier to believe that enough juice to make a 7-11 Fruit Salad and a wax that doesn’t exist is why you get such great performance. You know NOTHING about how a wax works. Either you keep your head in the sand so you can tell hyperbole to the very people whose trust you have manipulated with your shady tactics or you simply don’t know better.

You are a salesman, which is fine, and it would be great if you admitted it. Instead you, by banning people and limiting discussion, have bamboozled the detailing community into believing you know what you are talking about and have their best interests in mind.

Quick Reply: Ferrari 599GTB Paint Correction and Detail