Notices

Help getting started

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:28 PM
catalinajerry
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help getting started

I have a white 2004 Turbo Cab and just had a Venture Shield clear bra installed with full coverage from windshield forward. I have the following products and would appreciate how and when I should use them. Meguiar's car wash, opti clay bar, optimum car wax, optimum polish, ClearKote Quik Shine, Mother's carnuba cleaner wax, plexus for clear bra, Porter Cable with blue, green and orange pads, and micro fiber towels. I also have Leather Masters Kit for the interior and two Porsche products for the cabriolet top care. I have read that Plexus is recommended for the bra but can I use other exterior products on it? Help from the detailers would be appreciated.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:02 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Clear Bra- I have found Plexus to cause 'yellowing' due to utra violet radiation (look at the product as it comes out of the nozzle, its yellow)

My recomendations for clear bra- Maintenance / Care

• PF1 TTR is an advanced cleaning agent for the surface of your clear bra. It attacks the marks and transfers at the micro-level to loosen up these particles so that it may be safely wiped off with a clean microfiber towel. It can be utilized on paint protection film with a clear coat or topcoat safely. Apply to a clean surface; spray on and allow for dwell for five seconds, wipe with a clean micro fibre towel. Repeat steps as required.

• Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal or PF1 Crystalline - wipe on, and wipe off (WOWO) walk away, no buffing, just allow to air dry. Use on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, clear bra, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with UV inhibitors.

Paint maintenance / Care

1. Wash
2. Detailing clay process
3. Polish (if required)
4. Paint Cleaner
5. Paint protection (LSP)
Old 12-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Eclipsis
Former Vendor

VentureShield bras should never be polished. VentureShield can be washed and waxed like any other surface, although correcting it is a different story. You can clay it to remove contaminants, but afterword you have to wave a heat gun over the bra to remove any sort of swirls or scratches. Polishing will cause more problems than it solves.

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Clear Bra- I have found Plexus to cause 'yellowing' due to utra violet radiation (look at the product as it comes out of the nozzle, its yellow)

My recomendations for clear bra- Maintenance / Care

• PF1 TTR is an advanced cleaning agent for the surface of your clear bra. It attacks the marks and transfers at the micro-level to loosen up these particles so that it may be safely wiped off with a clean microfiber towel. It can be utilized on paint protection film with a clear coat or topcoat safely. Apply to a clean surface; spray on and allow for dwell for five seconds, wipe with a clean micro fibre towel. Repeat steps as required.

• Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal or PF1 Crystalline - wipe on, and wipe off (WOWO) walk away, no buffing, just allow to air dry. Use on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, clear bra, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with UV inhibitors.

Paint maintenance / Care

1. Wash
2. Detailing clay process
3. Polish (if required)
4. Paint Cleaner
5. Paint protection (LSP)
Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 PM
catalinajerry
Intermediate

I just received an email from David Ghodoussi, CEO of Optimum and he stated that
Optimum Car Wax or Opti Seal would be acceptable for Venture Shield bra. Is this contrary to your thoughts? Thanks for both of your assistance. Jerry Pennington
Old 12-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Eclipsis
Former Vendor

It's fine if you apply wax or sealants to the bra. Just make sure the bra is free of contaminants.

Originally Posted by catalinajerry
I just received an email from David Ghodoussi, CEO of Optimum and he stated that
Optimum Car Wax or Opti Seal would be acceptable for Venture Shield bra. Is this contrary to your thoughts? Thanks for both of your assistance. Jerry Pennington
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Eclipsis
Former Vendor

Envious Eric, why delete your reply?

Quick Reply: Help getting started