Notices

Thinking about switching to Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thinking about switching to Zaino

I've been a user of Zymol (real stuff) for more than 15 years now. I've also used Klasse, NXT and others but never Zaino. Always read good things about Zaino and want to give it a try, but the process seems so labor intensive.

I'm not looking for the perfect shine. But with my Basalt Black, I do want something that looks good and provides long lasting protection. Hence I'm thinking about Zaino.

Question: The process using Z-AIO looks easier compared to using ZFX. What are the pros and cons of the Z-AIO route vs. ZFX?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just started using zaino Z5 and Z6 on black car, but was coming from megauirs line of waxes and mostly switched for the durability and since it has been on for just a week so I cannot attest to that. It goes on about the same as any liquid wax and easier then any carnuba based paste wax but it is a synthetic and the second coat went on easier and have to admit that it is stunning. ZFX is used for making the Z2 and 5's polishes cure faster (which is not a problem here in Phoenix or warmer climates) and the ZAO is and all around product which does include from my understanding the ZFX in it but have not tried. Sorry not much help here but, hope this helps. I just cut/polished using system one which I will start a thread, but to summarize works great especially when topped of with Zanio and will not be going back.

Last edited by Mother; 09-02-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
tdekany
Advanced

You can't put a sealant on top of wax so no matter what you are going to use, you'll have to prep the car. Do you have a polisher or are you doing it by hand?

At a minimum, you need to do:
wash
clay
zaio
z5

It is not that hard really.

When I use zaino on clients/my cars I apply zaio before z5/2 because I love the look of zaio. In itself, it is pretty durable.

Where do you live?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tdekany
You can't put a sealant on top of wax so no matter what you are going to use, you'll have to prep the car. Do you have a polisher or are you doing it by hand?

At a minimum, you need to do:
wash
clay
zaio
z5

It is not that hard really.

When I use zaino on clients/my cars I apply zaio before z5/2 because I love the look of zaio. In itself, it is pretty durable.

Where do you live?
That process is similar to what I've done with Zymol. But I've read about others putting multiple coats of z5 & z6, hence the need for ZFX. So I was mainly curious of results of the above one coat z5 process with ZAIO vs. the multi-coat process with ZFX. The latter process is what seems really labor intensive.

I do my work by hand, still afraid of the machine creating swirls on my basalt black.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:10 PM
tdekany
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
I do my work by hand, still afraid of the machine creating swirls on my basalt black.
You will create swirls doing things by hand.

Machines are much safer - especially the pc/flex3401
Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tdekany
You will create swirls doing things by hand.

Machines are much safer - especially the pc/flex3401
That's what people say. But what I mean is I'm afraid to use a machine because I've never done it before. And other than your recommendation for the flex3401, I'm not sure which machine to trust.

I'm certainly no pro, but after 4 black cars, 3 red ones and a wide variety of other colors, I know what motion and pressure to use by hand to minimize swirls. I'm not saying it's best, I'm just comfortable by hand. Having said that, I suppose I could get comfortable with an orbital by trying it on another car before using it on my Porsche. I realize that will help reduce the labor effort. But we're getting a little off topic.

So back to my other question, anyone with thoughts on the ZAIO process vs. ZFX with multi-coats of Z5 etc.?
Old 09-12-2009, 07:36 PM
tdekany
Advanced

I'll tell you what I'd do.

1 - zaio - it looks beautiful and sets up a perfect base for the lsp
2 - 1oz of z5 & 3 or 4 drops of zfx and you should be able to put at least 2 coats on with wheels/wheels or 3 coats on the paint alone.

Quick Reply: Thinking about switching to Zaino