Removing "paint pen" coloring on 928 bumper cover logo

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removing "paint pen" coloring on 928 bumper cover logo

Hi,

I thought I would post this question over here since it's kind of a general question and not specifically related to any model.

One of the PO's of my car, an '88 928 S4, used some kind of black "paint pen" to color in the indented P O R S C H E logo on the rear bumper cover. I don't know if it ever looked "good," but now it looks like crap. I'll attach a couple of pix.

There are some aftermarket stick-on letters that I could paste into the logo, but really, I'd rather just get it back to stock if possible. Can anybody recommend something that could be used to remove this sloppy black "paint/ink". Sorry, I don't know what it actually is. Someone recommend paint thinner??? I don't really want to respray the whole bumper cover.

I guess another alternative (other than the stick-on letters) would be to get a really good pinstriper/painter to use some high-quality paint and do it right. I don't mind the look of the contrasting black, and if it could be done correctly I would probably SLIGHTLY prefer it to the stock (no contrasting color in the logo). But if there is some fairly easy way to just get rid of this stuff, I'll go that route.

TIA for any advice/pointers.
Attached Images   
Old 08-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fixed!

"Goof-Off" turned out to be the magic potion.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Removing "paint pen" coloring on 928 bumper cover logo