Notices

Leather treatment for natural leather..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
lotecredneck
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Leather treatment for natural leather..

I have used a lot of products for my Porsche that have worked great after reading about them on this forum. Has anyone used a particular product on a Ford "King Ranch" leather interior? The leather in it is natural and has no glaze or real finish other than color or so it appears. When you put anything on this leather it instantly turns black until the leather treatment dries. The seats have faded a bit in the front and I was wondering what to use to try to bring them back to their original color.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the leather has been subjected to UV photo degradation (bleaching) a dye is the only way to bring back the colour.

Aniline leather care - use water-based products for cleaning and add a surface protection to make cleaning easier. Apply 303 Space Protectant for UV protection
Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lotecredneck
I have used a lot of products for my Porsche that have worked great after reading about them on this forum. Has anyone used a particular product on a Ford "King Ranch" leather interior? The leather in it is natural and has no glaze or real finish other than color or so it appears. When you put anything on this leather it instantly turns black until the leather treatment dries. The seats have faded a bit in the front and I was wondering what to use to try to bring them back to their original color.

Thanks,

Tony
Tony,

I've had good luck using the Leatherique products on the King Ranch edition interiors. I'd recommend taking a look at the Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean and following these Leatherique directions as closely as possible.

As TOGWT mentioned, follow up with some 303 Aerospace Protectant to provide some UV protection when completed.

Keep us posted on how things turn out.

George
Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOGWT
If the leather has been subjected to UV photo degradation (bleaching) a dye is the only way to bring back the colour.

Aniline leather care - use water-based products for cleaning and add a surface protection to make cleaning easier. Apply 303 Space Protectant for UV protection
I am new to this forum, but I have seen your posts many times. On a new Porsche natural leather interior, E/C, in a 2012 Cayenne, would you recommend using Ultima Interior Guard; if not what products would you recommend? Thank you.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:31 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

“Aniline Leather (Micro pigment) Cleaning and Care” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ml#post1455011

I hope the information in this article is of some help to you. If you have any further questions please let me know
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
CORSASCHNELL
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In modern cars there is always a combination of real leather and synthetic materials. What is the best way to tell what surface is leather and what is not?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

“Leather Upholstery Type Surface Identification” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...fication.html#

Quick Reply: Leather treatment for natural leather..