Notices

Best products for my Black P car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:27 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best products for my Black P car?

I'm building up a collection of detail products for my 951, separate from the products I use on other cars/customer cars. I'm curious what you guys would recommend. I'm not going to say money is no object, but I'm not going to be especially frugal with my supplies here either. If there are products people can recommend that are pricey, I may just save up to get them! I have some 1Z stuff and some Megs. I want to get Klasse all-in-one, but I'm mostly interested in stuff that will work excellently with my car and color!

I need stuff that is especially good on black/dark paints (prefferably specifically black). Dust repelling products have my interest, given my paint color and the area of the country I live (AKA DUSTBOWL).

What will be good for my factory seats? What works best on the carpets? What products would you use/do you use on your car?! Educated opinions and experience very much appreciated!

P.S. If there are things you have tried with poor or less than satisfactory results, let me know! I'm already aware of things like Armor All etc. That's not an issue. But if there is something specific that you did NOT like, Tell it to me. I don't want the same poor results you've experienced! Haha.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Pinnacle Souveran is an awesome carnauba which looks and feels stunning. Three coats will make it very easy to remove bugs and grime. The Gloss and depth is also incredible.

I just used Leathermaster on the 928 for the first time and I have to say that I prefer it over anything I've ever used in the past including Leatherique, Griots, Meguiars and Lexol.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMVHO I tried for the first time some Meguiar's ScratchX followed by their Show Car Glaze No. 7 and three coats of Victoria wax and I am quite impressed with the results on my black car
Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Jmakado
Intermediate

I would agree that Leather Masters is great. Also, don't get hung up on the color of the car. Making a black car look good is the same as making a white car look good. It's all in the prep! Wash, clay, polish, wax. Keep it simple yet thorough and you will be happy every time.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:36 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I highly recommend getting a pc and some good polish.

my vote is for menzerna...see below

tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Wash/wax products/brands are all personal preference. The most important thing to remember about black paint is, the less you can touch/rub it, the better. Micro-fiber wash mitts(separate upper and lower body) and micro-fiber towels for after waxing(not drying), all of which must be machine washed after each use. "Dry-rinse" your car after washing, this is key! Rubbing your paint when it is dry or semi-dry with anything is going to scratch it. Take nozzle off of hose after rinsing good with it on, the water sheets off, leaving little more than a mist on paint to dry off. Use a micro-fiber waffle towel to pat the mist dry. And for God's sake DO NOT use any spray detailers wax in between washings. Any dust/grit that is on your paint will scratch anywhere it touches. If it is dirty, wash it. I keep a car cover on mine and it is in the garage.

Your new best freinds are:

-Cyclo polisher- no swirls or streaks EVER. Best $ you'll ever spend. Easy to use for beginners. Not used for buffing, just for applying waxes and polishes.
http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/index.php

-Dewalt Variable Speed Polisher - for your tough buffing. NOT for beginners, but needed from time to time.
http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...?productID=174
Attached Images    
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain
I highly recommend getting a pc and some good polish.

my vote is for menzerna...see below

Wow!! what a difference! What Menzerna products did you use?

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I used this
Menzerna Power Gloss Compound followed by

Menzerna PO203 and PO85RD

Quick Reply: Best products for my Black P car?