Notices

Waffle Weave Chamois & streaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Waffle Weave Chamois & streaks

Does your microfibre waffle weave chamois leave streaks? I switched to these because I thought it would be much faster in water removal than a traditional chamois.

I don't put mine in the drier after cleaning it where it might get something on the fabric.

Any suggestions or alternative chamois ideas appreciated.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
gmblack3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your WW is not a chamois, it is made from Microfiber.

How did you last wash it? My guess is that you either used fabric softner in the wash or dryer and that is causing the streaks.

Washing tips for MF:

Do not wash them with any cotton or other clothes or towels.

Hot water
Liquid detergent w/ no softners.

When the washer is done, I add a few small capfuls of vinegar and do another spin/rinse cycle.

Dry on low heat.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:54 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's what I would do or you can get the microfiber restorer.

yup low heat or no heat in dry mode.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 05-23-2009, 10:58 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 768 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Does your microfibre waffle weave chamois leave streaks? I switched to these because I thought it would be much faster in water removal than a traditional chamois.

I don't put mine in the drier after cleaning it where it might get something on the fabric.

Any suggestions or alternative chamois ideas appreciated.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:27 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone mentions a 'Shamwow' it might be grounds for a ban
Old 05-24-2009, 12:06 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 768 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If anyone mentions a 'Shamwow' it might be grounds for a ban
LOL...vince really cracks me up. You know the Germans make the Shamwow...it's gotta be good
Old 05-24-2009, 12:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had no idea he was thrown out of Scientology.
His Wiki page is very interesting, along with the history/testing of the ShamWow.
end
Old 05-24-2009, 02:58 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always wash towels as soon as possible after use, the longer they sit the more the contaminants will set do not use bleach (bleach will shorten the life of your micro fibre) Read the label on the detergent bottle and use half of what they recommend and use hot water (120oF) Washing Liquid and Vinegar (50/50) to clean-out the machine drum

Heated water breaks down water-soluble soiling faster as it reduces overall chemical usage because it reduces the surface tension of the fibre and will better dislodge wax and other particles. Heat acts as a catalyst promoting quicker reactions between chemicals and the soil thereby minimizing dwell time.

• If the towel still tends to ‘streak’ boil the towels in a water / distilled white vinegar (1/4-cup) solution for at least 20 minute, this will soften the fibres, and release any wax / polish residue. This will also release any lint, which will actually come to the surface of the water. Pre-soak in a liquid detergent / water and then squeeze out wax/polish with your hands and rinse thoroughly.

• Allow micro fibre towels to boil for twenty (20) minutes (ensure that water does not fully evaporate) you will find that more wax / polish residue comes out even after a towel has been thoroughly washed.

• Empty out the water and then remove the towel, don't do it the other way or you'll re-introduce debris to the towel again.

Micro-Restore is the only detergent formulated for maintaining and restoring micro fibre, it’s a concentrated detergent designed to clean, pamper and extend the life of micro fibre cloths. With all of the polishes, waxes, oils and chemicals that we apply and remove with our micro fibre cloths / towels, regular household detergent doesn’t even come close to cleaning or restoring them.

An extract from one of a series of in-depth detailing articles © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved.

Quick Reply: Waffle Weave Chamois & streaks