Notices

Free Shipping + 10% Off until 3/18/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Shipping + 10% Off until 3/18/09

Just wanted to let everyone know about a promo we're running...

Now's the time to save money on shipping and get 10% off your order. Simply enter in the coupon code FREESHIP309 when you spend at least $75 and you'll receive 10% off your order and free FedEx ground shipping to any of the 48 contiguous states. Offer ends on 11:59PM 3/18/09 EST.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a great weekend,

George
Old 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

George, too many exclusions to your "10% Off & Free Shipping" promo. Very misleading. For example, all of your Porter Cable kits (including just the PC) are all excluded from this offer. Plus your price on the PC is higher than most sites (like costaltools.com).

And I was ready to buy.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

No HTwo O, thanks for the post. We try to offer the lowest possible price on the PC, and to my knowledge, we're the lowest price of any auto detailing site at $114.99, most have them priced at $129.99. There isn't much margin on the PC to begin with. If I were to allow the coupon code with free shipping and 10% off, we'd be losing money, which is why it's excluded.

To clear up any confusions on what the discount code applies to, there are a handful of tools discount codes aren't applicable to (well the free shipping part is if you're order is over $75 just not the 10% off) and each item that is excluded clearly states it in red at the bottom of the description. Packages are excluded from the additional 10% off since they are already discounted a fair amount. Sale items, such as the Daily Specials and Monthly Specials are also excluded because they are already on sale. Again any item clearly states whether it's eligible or not for the discount on the description page and any of these products qualify towards the free shipping price of $75 whether or not you buy all excluded items or not. So if you buy just the PC for $114.99 and use the discount code FREESHIP309, you'll still get free shipping.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
Old 03-17-2009, 08:30 PM
JackQ
Advanced

George, I like your special offer. But your web site's habit of adding items that I do not want and being forced to deslect them was a big turnoff. I do no mind being offered item that complement my selection, but I do not want the picked for me.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JackQ
George, I like your special offer. But your web site's habit of adding items that I do not want and being forced to deslect them was a big turnoff. I do no mind being offered item that complement my selection, but I do not want the picked for me.
JackQ - Thanks for the post. You must be clicking the Add to Cart button on the bottom, which includes any checked off items in the complementary and works best with sections. You receive an additional 5% discount on any item you purchase items together that way. If you click the Add to Cart button on top, no additional items will be added. This will all be changed in a few weeks when we launch our revamped website and the entire user experience will be improved 100%. I can see where that would be annoying if you always clicked that bottom button, which is why we did away with it on our revamp.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with...

This is the last day to take advantage of the 10% off + FREE Ground (coupon code FREESHIP309). Also, it's one of the first times we stacked our sales and all Chemical Guys products (excluding 128oz sizes) are on sale for 20% off (no coupon needed).

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Enjoy,

George
Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
JackQ
Advanced

Default Order

George, Thanks for infor and the order. I made a order Tuesday night, sent a e-mail to George Wednesday morning to add an item, and received the order Thursday! Thanks for the quick response.

Jack
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JackQ
George, Thanks for infor and the order. I made a order Tuesday night, sent a e-mail to George Wednesday morning to add an item, and received the order Thursday! Thanks for the quick response.

Jack
Jack,

Greatly appreciate the support.

If there's anything else I can help with please do not hesitate to ask. Enjoy the new products.

George

Quick Reply: Free Shipping + 10% Off until 3/18/09