Notices

Intesive / SIP / green or orange pad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 01:20 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Intesive / SIP / green or orange pad?

I've been using a dewalt rotary with some LC pads and the menzerna Intesive Polish and Micro Polish. First of all, thanks to Phil for cutting me a great deal!

I've been using the Green LC pad with the IP at 1500 rpm and then following up with the micro polish on the white and then finally blue pad at 1200 rpm.

On my '04 BMW, I was able to easily remove all water spots and light scratches, but the occasional deeper scratch (from stupid friends leaning against or putting things on the car) were untouched. Most of them can't be felt with a fingernail but at least one could.

What steps should I take to up the ante against these? I tried adding a bit more pressure with the green pad but surprised myself at how quickly I built up more heat than I was comfortable with (don't worry, no damage done. I was checking myself). Should I try an orange pad? Or do I need to look into another polish? How super is SIP compared to the regular intensive polish?

I'd add pics but don't have a good digital camera handy. I did, however, get some nice 1300w work lights
Old 12-25-2008, 01:04 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would step up to Power Gloss and a wool pad then step down to IP and finish with Micropolish.

The green and orange pad are pretty close in function.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks, Phil. As I'm still learning a lot, I'm going to "let it ride" for right now as the car still looks and feels great. When it comes time to order again I'll get some of that gear. I have some 3M glaze; would this help conceal these any? Should it be applied last, or should I apply it and then follow up with a bit of micro polish on the blue pad to even it out?

The Glanz wax has been great. It's so easy to work with using the microfiber "pillows" as I call them.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

apply it before the wax.

Quick Reply: Intesive / SIP / green or orange pad?