Notices

Need some product advise

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some product advise

I recently purchased a flex orbital and have spent hours online trying to figure out which products I want to buy. Please add you thoughts on my list as I'm still not sure. I see all these sales and want to jump on products but I'm still unsure.

Right now I'm thinking...
p21s bodywork shampoo
klasse AIO
klasse glaze
zymol titanium (or is zymol no good with acrylic?)

for the Audi and Bmw.

The Porsche has brand new paint and the body shop said to give it three months before I apply anything. I'm guessing I should just apply a wax(titanium). I'd like to preserve the look.

Any help is really appreciated cause I just can't decide.
Thanks!

Last edited by Keithr726; 12-16-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:35 PM
gmblack3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the hard clear coat on the Audi you will want:

Menzerna SIP and P085RD

For polishing the porsche after it's cured, you can try the above. If the respray is as soft as OEM porsche clear, then try Menzerna P0203s instead of SIP.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Keithr726
I recently purchased a flex orbital and have spent hours online trying to figure out which products I want to buy. Please add you thoughts on my list as I'm still not sure. I see all these sales and want to jump on products but I'm still unsure.

Right now I'm thinking...
p21s bodywork shampoo
klasse AIO
klasse glaze
zymol titanium (or is zymol no good with acrylic?)

for the Audi and Bmw.

The Porsche has brand new paint and the body shop said to give it three months before I apply anything. I'm guessing I should just apply a wax(titanium). I'd like to preserve the look.

Any help is really appreciated cause I just can't decide.
Thanks!
Gmblack is not kidding about the hard clear of the Audi so unless it's in already perfect condition the Klasse twins will be laughed at by the Audi paint.

As noted, Menzerna is a good choice for the Audi as would be the 3M Extra Cut and Ultrafina but your polishing, if to be more of a success than a headache, needs to be balanced with the right pads. Meguiars 105 is also an excellent choice for paint correction.

The Flex is a great orbital polisher so look for some Lake Country pads (6.5 inch) to go with the Flex and your products. I would recommend:

Orange - for correction work

White - for mild correction/polishing (many times this is the heaviest pad you'll need for Porsche paint which is softer. This being a repaint though you may find it's going to be on the harder side)

Black/Blue - Lake Country blue is a tad softer than the black....if I remember correctly....so they are used for finishing out your work.

As for waxes....the beauty type waxes provide nice looks but kinda short on durability so what many people do is lay down a sealant for durability and then top that with a wax for the looks and it really comes down to your personal preference because it's always subjective.

Good luck and hope this helps. Let us know if we can answer any more questions.

Anthony
Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

with the Porsche I'm going to say you will probably be good with a blue or white pad and Menzerna PO85RD.

on the Audi and BMW you may want to do SIP and PO106 or PO85RD to finish it off.

LMK if you have any other questions.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
c2silver
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Make it easy on yourself; contact Phil at Detailers domain, he will give honest answers to your questions on detailing.
No affiliation, except that I am a customer of his.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:45 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

thanks I appreciate that
Old 12-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Yea Phil, thanks for the killer deal on the flex!

Thanks to everyone that responded to this thread, I appreciate it because I know you guys know what your talking about.

I think I'm going to buy all menzerna products and pick and choose for each vehicle
Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

sure thing thanks for picking up the flex kit!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:33 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Gmblack is not kidding about the hard clear of the Audi so unless it's in already perfect condition the Klasse twins will be laughed at by the Audi paint.

As noted, Menzerna is a good choice for the Audi as would be the 3M Extra Cut and Ultrafina but your polishing, if to be more of a success than a headache, needs to be balanced with the right pads. Meguiars 105 is also an excellent choice for paint correction.

The Flex is a great orbital polisher so look for some Lake Country pads (6.5 inch) to go with the Flex and your products. I would recommend:

Orange - for correction work

White - for mild correction/polishing (many times this is the heaviest pad you'll need for Porsche paint which is softer. This being a repaint though you may find it's going to be on the harder side)

Black/Blue - Lake Country blue is a tad softer than the black....if I remember correctly....so they are used for finishing out your work.

As for waxes....the beauty type waxes provide nice looks but kinda short on durability so what many people do is lay down a sealant for durability and then top that with a wax for the looks and it really comes down to your personal preference because it's always subjective.

Good luck and hope this helps. Let us know if we can answer any more questions.

Anthony

... What he said. As soon as I get a good day to detail (bought the car in the drowsiness of winter), I'm going to do the whole shibang with sealant and wax. Problems I've heard about was (from other body guys and detailers) is that wax can fill imperfections in the paint, and can cause some issues down the road. So if I lay wax on my paint, I'm going to have something under it, after a thorough polish.

Quick Reply: Need some product advise