Help removing paint from plastics

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:50 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy Help removing paint from plastics

Strange thing happened today. The parking lot at work is cramped, and a trash truck backed up near where I was parked. They decided to compact the trash and apparently one of the trash bags in the back had a spray can full of white enamel in it. The can burst, blowing out the bag and spraying 10' out. My 993 had about 100 dots of white paint all over the back.

Luckily the guys came and found me immediately and after they tried a few half-assed wipes with dirty towels, I told them to stop and I'd deal with it.

I grabbed paper towels and WD-40 (not many options at work) and that removed the paint from the painted surfaces and glass. Then I washed it down with a very soapy mix of dish detergent to get the oily residue off. The white paint would not come off the bumperettes or wing grill though.

I'll do a wash and wax when I get home, but I'm not sure how to get the paint off the textured plastic. I'm thinking a nylon bristle brush and some goo-gone, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, -Jon
Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clay Bar
Old 07-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Agree, that would be my first suggestion to. Don't waste any time removing it, the longer it stays the more difficult it will get.

Quick Reply: Help removing paint from plastics