Notices

Range Rover (sorry.. not german)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:33 AM
HighEndDetailing
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover (sorry.. not german)

I had been looking forward to this detail for a while. The owner is a parent of one of my best friends. The owner was the developer of the face mask type thing in the NBA and college basket ball. He designed the mask for someone in the NCAA tournament a few years back and then it cought on. Pretty cool huh?

Anyways... on to the car

I had this car for up to 10 days if needed. I only needed it for 5 haha. I worked like 5 hours a day on it and i thought it ended up pretty good.

1st i foamed the car with my foam gun, let dwell then washed off. Then i used the 2b method with p21s shampoo concentrate. I also used p21s wheel cleaner and an assortment of brush. They ended up spotless.

The car had all the signs of being lived in (not literally). so i set about polishing it out. I mostly used SIP and ultrafina however some spots (wetsanded spots) required 3m extra cut and/or 105 (i was comparing the 2).

THe paint was very finicky and sticky so it was pretty hard. It heated up a lot! So i switched over to PC about half way through however i used the rotary for some.

The interior was very fun for me as the leather was very high quality. It cleaned very well with z9!

Hope you enjoy!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 AM
HighEndDetailing
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FMINUS
looking good!
Good to see other detailers around! I am baseballlover1 on autopia along with a few others on a few different other boards.

Quick Reply: Range Rover (sorry.. not german)