Notices

Detailing A Basalt Black C4S

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing A Basalt Black C4S

Todays victim was a C4S in Basalt Black. A great color, so much nicer than plain black!

The paint wasn't too bad but it had its share of mainly marring from washing and drying. The driver side rear quarter panel is a repaint but polished out fairly easy. Interior was in pretty good shape, only a few carpet stains and most of the dirt was on the driver side. Doesn't look like too many passengers ride in this one.

We started the paint correction process with wool pads, and 2 new beta samples of Optimums Polish and Compound. Then down to a LC white polishing pad and FPII with a black finishing pad. The final step was done with the Metabo and a dynabrade, 100ppi white pad and FPII.

Victoria's Concours and their new beauty wax were lathered on by hand application. The Concours is easy on as is their new wax they sent Ron to test out but the new wax removes with very light pressure while the Concours takes a bit more effort.

Nice gloss and wetness added, can't say which gives a better look just yet......but both are sure beautiful.

OK, now for a few pictures.

Here is the hood after washing and it's not a pretty sight. I sure hope the cars owner takes better care of it now.

This is a shot of the lower rear quarter panel area just behind the rear wheels. It gets all the dirt and many people simply miss this area when detailing. It also looks as if the pipes have never been properly cleaned and polished.

The cleaning begins in the lower panels for me because I SIMPLY HATE doing front and rear bumper areas so I get them out of the way first. I used GR-40 with stiff small brush and then dressed with Optimum's Protectant +. The pipes were cleaned first with English Custom's Restore and then with their Custom Blend.

Now we move on to the engine area......and a good number of water spots.

I used here Optimums soon to be released hard water spot remover. It worked like a charm in removing the spots and I then hand rubbed the area down with Poli-Seal. Dressed the engine and then some OCW to clean up the over spray.

More To Come:
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Again, Victoria's Concours tops this Basalt Black paint.

Hope you enjoyed it, thanks.

Anthony
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great work Anthony, I detailed a 968 that had been resprayed in basalt black, and a boxster in basalt black, and based on the lighting the colors were very unique. Almost a purple hint to it in the right light. Looks great!

Steve
Old 05-04-2008, 11:17 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i sure wish you were in dallas...

would be great for my porsche and your wallet, bad for my bank account...
Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stephenwz968
Great work Anthony, I detailed a 968 that had been resprayed in basalt black, and a boxster in basalt black, and based on the lighting the colors were very unique. Almost a purple hint to it in the right light. Looks great!

Steve
Thanks Steve.

I love the Basalt Black as I feel it actually is more forgiving than straight black.

Anthony
Old 05-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
i sure wish you were in dallas...

would be great for my porsche and your wallet, bad for my bank account...
Yeah, wish I could be there also, and a few other places as well, as I would enjoy detailing the cars of those few who have asked me to travel to them but realistically it would be difficult to do that.

I always say I'm going to plan a week trip to Houston and Dallas but it just never seems to work out.....BUT if I ever do I'll be sure to let you and others know and maybe you'll still be interested.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 05-05-2008, 02:50 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time I see another post from you Anthony, I am very tempted to bring my car to you.... I may just do that sometime next summer. After the work is done, I need to learn all the ins-and-outs of maintenance...

Nice work.
-Blake
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
Every time I see another post from you Anthony, I am very tempted to bring my car to you.... I may just do that sometime next summer. After the work is done, I need to learn all the ins-and-outs of maintenance...

Nice work.
-Blake

Blake,

That's a wonderful compliment and how I would love to go your way, detail your car and then get some skiing in!!

We may have to talk about that

Anthony
Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will always be open to it!

And as you may know, we have six stories (that is right) of snow base at Snowbird and expect to keep skiing long into the summer....

-Blake
Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Argh! I have not been skiing in years, my wife and kids have never been. If I went there I may never leave.....sure do miss the mountains of California, bout the only thing I miss.

I'll give this some serious thought and thanks for the offer.

Anthony
Old 05-06-2008, 11:47 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Yeah, wish I could be there also, and a few other places as well, as I would enjoy detailing the cars of those few who have asked me to travel to them but realistically it would be difficult to do that.

I always say I'm going to plan a week trip to Houston and Dallas but it just never seems to work out.....BUT if I ever do I'll be sure to let you and others know and maybe you'll still be interested.

Thanks,
Anthony
Please let me know if you ever come to Houston. I have a 997 C2S just waiting for someone to give it some love. i just don't have the time any more.

Quick Reply: Detailing A Basalt Black C4S