Sagging Side Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Sagging Side Skirts

I have side skirts on my 993; they are attached with a combination of mechanical fasteners and plastic tabs.
All of the tabs are broken off, resulting in sagging side skirt; the mechanical fasteners at the leading and trailing edges still hold the ends up. There is no practical way to fix the tabs, so I would like to find an alternative.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to do this? One idea is to buy double-sided adhesive tape. I am not sure if this is strong enough and whether it will show (car is black so any light color tape would probably stick out like a sore thumb).
Thanks in advance; we have another thread on this in the 993 forum but I thought I would ask here, to.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

bump?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, I found a fix for this.
I tried trim adhesive (SealAll from Eclectic Products) from AutoZone and it worked fine. Need to follow the instructions (good idea) and then make sure to hold the skirt against the body; I used a couple of floor jacks padded with some rags, then pressed the skirt (this gets weirder by the minute) up and left it overnight.
Holds great sitting in my garage; hopefully will still hold on the track.
Be careful to not let the adhesive smear where it is visible as it won't come off.

Quick Reply: Sagging Side Skirts