Notices

Rubber & black plastic dressing reccommendation.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007 | 09:22 AM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Default Rubber & black plastic dressing reccommendation.

What do you guys prefer to dress the rubber around the windows? Prefer something with UV resistance.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2007 | 10:24 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Old 12-09-2007 | 11:45 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

+1 for 303 Aerospace.
Old 12-09-2007 | 09:27 PM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

303 works well, as does Meguiar's #40
Steve
Old 12-09-2007 | 11:22 PM
seefouress
Instructor

Anyone use either of these products to cover up scuff marks on the plastic/vinyl bits in the door entry?
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:24 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Alternative product- GR -40 Trim & Molding Restoration Kit - http://www.topoftheline.com/trimmolreski.html

Maintenance- Forever BLACK™ Car Care Products - use specially formulated dyes instead of silicone to bring back the life to faded black bumpers, trim, tires, bed liners, etc and they hold the colour much longer and help protect against environmental elements such as ultra violet radiation (UVR) and doesn’t attract road grime or dust - http://www.foreverblack.com/-

Trim product test - http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/09...have-a-winner/
Old 12-10-2007 | 12:52 PM
Hooverwi
Instructor

303 or ERV dressing from 1 Grand products. Forever Black worked great on some really faded stuff I had, but for General protection - ERV or 303.
Old 12-10-2007 | 06:13 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Griots Vinyl / Rubber, Meguiars #40 and 303 are all great products with minimal shine and UV protection.
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:45 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

here is something new BLACK WOW.

We just started carrying it as its a hit in the detailing community. I will be trying it tomorrow and will post pictures of my results.

But for now some product info:

A product conceived by show car detailer, Richard Lin, aka OctaneGuy and formulated by his father, a world reknowned award winning scientist.

Designed for any color exterior plastic such as on the MINI Cooper, Honda Element, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Tacoma, and others, this gel will restore your trims natural color without use of dyes or colorants and provides a rich, long lasting look (measured in months), proven by the water beading action.

Notes from the inventor:

Creating a product that would restore old faded trim quickly and easily was one challenge. But it wasn't enough to just make a product that improved the look considerably. It had to make the process easier, thus the decision to include cleaners to remove old polish and wax was made. Looking at the competition, another challenge I faced was improving the durability! Manufacturers want you to keep buying product! So developing a super long lasting product isn't in their best interest. So whether it's a car wash, rain storm, or just time, most protectants on the market just don't last very long. As a professional paint polisher, I want my work to look it's best for as long as possible! Finally, Black Wow is super concentrated. You only need enough to "quench" it's thirst.

Directions:
For best results, clean trim before applying Black Wow, and perform the first application just before washing your car. Remember, a little goes a LONG way with BW.

Apply a pea sized amount to the foam applicator pad and massage it into your trim. You will see an instant improvement in darkness and evenness in tone. Continue to spread this out. More is NOT better with Black Wow. Always work with pea sized amounts. The final look should be matte, not glossy and wet. There is no need to let BW dry or cure. Once applied, remove the excess with a towel or proceed to wash the car and using a wash mitt or sponge to wipe down the trim. Dry with a separate towel from the one you use to dry the paint.

CAUTION:
Avoid getting BW on painted areas. BW won't harm your paint, but because of it's durability, it is very persistent and will require extra effort to remove off the paint. Mask adjacent areas with painters tape first if you are concerned.

Click here for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...rel=1&border=0

Click here to check it out on our site:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...rodID=233&HS=1
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 12-12-2007 | 12:56 PM
Matt_M
1st Gear

I'm a big fan of Black Wow too. Absolutely amazing results on that plastic piece below the windshield of my Cayman S. Catch is that Black Wow works best on hard plastic. I haven't had any luck at all with it on rubber.

Matt Merritt
Burbank, CA
Old 12-13-2007 | 02:38 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Matt,

Agreed with that on plastic not rubber.

Quick Reply: Rubber & black plastic dressing reccommendation.