Notices

Is Swisswax that much better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:20 AM
c2silver
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

skiboy - I have used all the waxes that one could put on the shelf. My favorite was Zaino. I used it on my2001 P-car and my 2003 Z06. I was extremely impressed with the final results and how long the shine would last. When Phil showed pictures of what Swissvax could do I said I would try it. I did the process of claying the car (98 C2S Black) and following the steps with the prep and the final application of Zuffenhausen. I was amased at the depth of color. I had done the C2S with zaino prior and can say that there is a difference. If cost is not a factor, try it, I think you will like it. My other cars are silver and I still use Zaino on them.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Todd Helme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify, when a wax manufactor says something is 60% by volume, it is kind of misleading (swissvax and zymol).

You have to remember that carnuaba wax is generally 1/3 to 1/4 as dense as the oils and solvents in the solution. Even if we go with 1/3, think about this. In an 8 oz jar, 60 percent of the "volume" is carnauba wax. That means that the remaining 40 percent weigh acounts for 3/4's of the weight.

So by weight (which is how volume should be measure) it would be around 25 percent, which is still pretty impressive as this is pushing the limit to how much carnauba can be made useful. Modern Califorina VOC regulations have serverly limited the aggresivness of the solvents that can be used in the product, so 25-27 percent seems to be about the maximum.

The rest is all marketing....
Old 05-15-2008, 02:07 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Percentage of wax content- most carnaubas advertised with 50% or more Carnauba wax content is truly advertising a weight, not a volume. 30% by volume is about 50% by weight is about the maximum content (approx 35% Carnauba by volume makes it almost impossible to add/remove) that’s why you never can truly assess the amount of Carnauba in a manufactured wax unless the manufacturer specifically lists its content percentage by weight or volume. When making a comparison ensure you compare like with like i.e. % volume or % weight

Quick Reply: Is Swisswax that much better?