Notices

Optimum No Rinse-Dirty Silver Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optimum No Rinse-Dirty Silver Porsche

Well I have been asked to post up a video of the No Rinse on something with a bit more dirt on it than a Ferrari with only 300 miles on it

I hope this qualifies for that.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79827390&hl=en

Black Turbo panel washed with No Rinse:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12498290&hl=en

Last edited by Anthony Orosco; 10-12-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the way you provide the disclaimer that you haven't detailed the car, in case there are scratches under the dirt! Thanks for doing the mini videos!

I gotta say it looks promising! The No Rinse cleans the car like a car wash soap would, without needing to rinse! I'll be buying some of that for the fall/winter season, so I can wash off the car in the garage!

One question. You mention you got the silver and black Porsches "off the lot". What lot?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Very nice....but its the same vid both times????

Next order I place will have no rinse for sure!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
Very nice....but its the same vid both times????

Next order I place will have no rinse for sure!

I fixed it. Sorry about that

Anthony
Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AndyK
Love the way you provide the disclaimer that you haven't detailed the car, in case there are scratches under the dirt! Thanks for doing the mini videos!

I gotta say it looks promising! The No Rinse cleans the car like a car wash soap would, without needing to rinse! I'll be buying some of that for the fall/winter season, so I can wash off the car in the garage!

One question. You mention you got the silver and black Porsches "off the lot". What lot?
I was at the Porsche dealer detailing a Porsche and figured I would use two cars in the service area.

Glad you like the videos,
Anthony
Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Anthony my brother was amazed when you detailed his car. He was saying the other week, "we have to get that stuff Anthony used to clean the car". I thought he talking about some wax or glaze or something but he said it was the way you washed it with no hose or spray.

Mike
Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Anthony my brother was amazed when you detailed his car. He was saying the other week, "we have to get that stuff Anthony used to clean the car". I thought he talking about some wax or glaze or something but he said it was the way you washed it with no hose or spray.

Mike
That's great Mike, glad to hear about that.

I'm trying to get your brother a day when I can come out there and finish his Porsche but I'm booked out about 4 weeks right now. Do you think he would be OK with making a date that far out?

I also need to try and get your cousins car done also...sheesh! I need to clone myself

Anthony
Old 10-13-2007, 10:18 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
That's great Mike, glad to hear about that.

I'm trying to get your brother a day when I can come out there and finish his Porsche but I'm booked out about 4 weeks right now. Do you think he would be OK with making a date that far out?

I also need to try and get your cousins car done also...sheesh! I need to clone myself

Anthony
I'm sure it is, I"ll have him give you a call. Your right about one thing you do need a clone.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

These are certainly NOT the best pictures, but I use nothing but ONR. An outside before and inside after ONR under the halogens
Attached Images   
Old 10-14-2007, 01:46 PM
c2silver
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anthony, you mentioned that you prep 80% of your cars with No Rinse, why not 100%? When would you not use No Rinse?
Old 10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by c2silver
Anthony, you mentioned that you prep 80% of your cars with No Rinse, why not 100%? When would you not use No Rinse?
Good question!! Do tell Anthony! Those shots of the before and after black car look good! Shows no scratches after the ONR is used.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by c2silver
Great question, thanks for asking.

On cars that have been through several days of rain and picked up some heavy gunk, especially in the wheels, wheel wells and lower panels, I will wash the traditional method with pressure washer, soap and bucket.

Cars with some heavy gunk like tar and such I'll also pressure wash OR cars that I am detailing for the first time I will was using the traditional method.

ONR for the first time user is going to be awkward and they may feel really unsure of themselves at first but with some practice and developing their own way of using it I would say that about 95% of them prefer it over the traditional method of washing.

Also, remember that a properly polished and sealed paint always has a better result when using any washing method, whether it be ONR or suds and a bucket.

Hope this helps,
Anthony
Old 10-14-2007, 04:57 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

How effective is it during the winter months to get the salt and crud off the car? Any special method then?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pongobaz
How effective is it during the winter months to get the salt and crud off the car? Any special method then?
There are a lot of detailers and enthusiasts using the ONR to wash their cars in the dead of winter because they don't need to get wet and they can do it in their garage where it's a bit warmer.

I have heard of some guys using a garden type sprayer where they mix up some ONR solution, spray the panels with salt and such and let it dwell for a few minutes. Then they wash that panel, dry it and move on.

Or some guys take their cars to a coin-op car wash and use the high pressure rinse to knock the heavy stuff off then finish the car with the No Rinse

Anthony
Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Default ONR

To follow up a bit. After washing with ONR, I applied Swisswax cleaner fluid, then Swisswax to these rear areas only.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Optimum No Rinse-Dirty Silver Porsche