Notices

Microfibre

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Microfibre

Where is the best place to buy the best towels for the best price?

Thanks!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

You'll get lots of opinions on this, because so many vendors advertise theirs as the absolute best. Others will chime in here I'm sure, but I believe that nearly 100% of the towels are coming from only a couple of sources and dyed to suit a re-sellers request. Style, thickness etc are parameters that vendors request.

Detailer's Domain, Pak Shak etc have very nice ones and DF Concourse have 100% cotton ones that are incredibly soft.

If you haven't done so , visit autpoia.org and you'll find lots of inputs on all thing detailing related.

HTH
Old 09-06-2007, 12:07 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered some new micro from Autopia. They have some good deals if you buy a few of the same towels or cloths.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be running a MF special shortly.

We will have 2 sizes, 2 colors and waffle weave drying towels.

We will so packs of 6, 12, 24, 48, and 96.

From what I know there are 2 countries that mfg towels Korea and China. I heard good and bad things about both.

As long as they know your parameters are followed and you have a QC person in the country you should be okay.

Also there are different weights and styles.

I'll post the special as soon as I get the towels in.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 09-07-2007, 10:49 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have great prices Phil - I'll order from you next go round!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

in Canada there is www.eshine.ca. I got some from them and they're great.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
scss98
Instructor

costco has the best price
Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by scss98
The microfibers sold at costco are a very low-mid grade microfiber. They're great for wiping down the interior upholstry, seats, dash, etc. I also use them on wheels, underbody, door jams, etc. Great grunt towel. I don't use thm on the finish as they're too stiff and scratch. Invest in some high quality towels; they'll last longer and feel better. IMHO, a proper micro towel of high quality should retail in the $4-5 range. Anything below and you compromise quality for the paint and anything above you're paying for marketing and packaging.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scss98
That's a fact, but then with the care of a Porsche in mind, or any other vehicle for that matter, I'd want a better quality towel than Costco provides
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 AM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

IMHO, why would you spend more for a marginally better product? I use the WalMart 5 for $8 towels on my 930, suburban and HD. They work fine, no swirls or blotches and for daily drivers are more than adequate. By the time you've washed them a couple of times they're as soft as anything else. If you're a serious concourse competitor I can see why you'd invest in the difference maybe, but I just want my car clean and the finish covered in something and so far these have been perfectly adequate.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Jmakado
Intermediate

I like the micro's from Auto Detailing Solutions. That's all I use and have never had issues with them marring even the softest paints. Plus, the price is right!
Technique has a lot to do with it.
I also have about 30 Wal-Mart Micro's that I use for interior and door jamb duty. I like to use my *good* towels for paint only. I wash them seperate and store them seperate just for piece of mind.

As a side note. I used my Wal-Mart micro's on my black truck (HARD GM paint) just for the hell of it and noticed no marring. Might be a different story on softer paints but like I said above, I think technique has a lot to do with the marring you may or may not get with towels. It wasn't that long ago that Terry Cloth towels where all that was available and people where able to get nice swirl free results with them.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey guys here are my official sale prices on Microfiber.

Take a look:
https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care/379123-detailer-s-domain-official-microfiber-sale-buy-big-and-save-big.html
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

towels are the one area you should never be cutting corners on. Many disagree but for the most part most polishes, waxes, sealants do a very similar job. The big exception in my experience is swirl removers and wheels cleaners, some expensive brands do make a difference in results.

In my experience, (I try everything once and rarely reorder the same product) towels can ruin your paint quickly which will then force you to spend hundreds on buffers or expensive high end detaler rates.
I avoid the prickly side of micro fiber on paint. Instead I use waffle weave or concours buffing towels.
Chemicalguys.com also sell a few PC monitor towels that aren't as abrasive on your expensive porsche paint. A good strategy is to buy towels in different colors for different uses. I use one color for cheaper wheel cleaning towels, another color buffing towel to be used only when the surface is clean and a third color for removing paste waxes and liquid polishes. For washing I use a natural sea sponge or two and OXO car wash brushes on the lower portions. If you use the same towels on paint you end up breaking down the towels sooner and using rougher towels on your paint which leads to swirls. I also avoid using the prickly side of microfiber when buffing or shining as much as possible. It's overkill for well maintained surfaces and do more harm than good. Actually, I'm phasing out mf for paint entirely, waffle weave and buffing towels only.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Autopia's MF towels
Old 01-07-2020, 12:31 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

*Bump for updated recommendations.

Quick Reply: Microfibre