Notices

Engine cleaning question

Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Engine cleaning question

I would have done a search but didn't know exactly the words to search for so here's the question:

My car is a 993 and its about 10 years old now. I'm noticing that lots of bits and pieces in the engine compartment are starting to get a whitish accumulation on them. Is this aluminum oxide? I see it on parts besides those that I think are aluminum like the fan and the metal fittings for the a/c hoses etc. Are there any good products out there that will easily remove the stuff? I mean what self-respecting CA P-car driver would stand for such filth under the hood? I'm afraid of what the neighbors might think, especially for a car that isn't a DD!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any mild degreaser will work on removing that stuff. Look for a water based degreaser, grab a sift brush or a an eraser pad and gently clean those areas. Wipe them off with a damp microfiber towel and that should take care of it.

Or you can fly me out there!

Anthony
Old 09-06-2007, 02:29 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Right, will give that a try. Thx 4 the tip. Sorry, no can do on the flight out here. SB City council just passed some new "no Texans" legislation and they are very strict about it!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
Right, will give that a try. Thx 4 the tip. Sorry, no can do on the flight out here. SB City council just passed some new "no Texans" legislation and they are very strict about it!

LOL! That's a good one, almost spewed my coffee on the screen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine cleaning question