Notices

3rd Ultima Detail - The Final Frontier!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3rd Ultima Detail - The Final Frontier!

So, the previous weeks with Ultima have really been preparation for today - the final frontier - the black 996!

I wanted to perfect my detailing with Ultima, knowing that the black car would be the least forgiving and most challenging.

This car is an 03, has been well cared for, with previous polishing with Sonus Swirlbuster pad and polish, and sealant from Klasse.

Usual wash and dry, then a review of the paint condition.

No claying required, but some remedial work on a couple of clear-coat scratches was needed - easily done with an SFX spot pad on the Porter Cable and some SFX-1 polish.

Then a full polish with the Paint Prep Plus polish and medium (green) pad.

Very careful to clean-off all of the polish on each panel - I'd managed to seal some residual polish in when doing the Boxster and Passat, so I was being extra careful.

When making sure you've got every last smear of polish - quick detailer is your friend!

The PP+ left the paint super clean as before - and I also liked the depth of the paint color - it was really black, blacker than before in fact.

Final go over the car with a MF tack cloth dampened with speed detailer to remove dust, and then I hit the tires and wheels and black trim with the Tire and Trim Plus.

Then applied the Paint Guard Plus with the MF pad as before - easy to see where it's going on with the black paint.

Back after 1 hr for a slight buff (it's just me, but I like to even stuff out after 1 hr) then leave to cure for a few hours for the now customary super slippery finish.

Results:

Very very happy - great depth of black and super glossy as well.

Klasse is going to a good home, I won't be using it again.

I'm only 1/2" down the bottle of Paint Guard Plus, so it will last a long time for sure.

3 cars has used up just over half the bottle of Paint Prep polish, and about 2 inches of Tire and Trim sealant.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 PM
evansaero
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY CRAP

That is the best I have ever seen a black car before. You have me sold on this S**. I'll be placing my order tomorrow, where did you find the best deal???

Thanks again for the pics
Old 07-23-2007, 01:13 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by evansaero
HOLY CRAP

That is the best I have ever seen a black car before. You have me sold on this S**. I'll be placing my order tomorrow, where did you find the best deal???

Thanks again for the pics
Glad you liked the pics

Autopia or Better Car Care are stockists
Old 07-23-2007, 01:56 AM
San Antonio Mobile Car Wash
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!! Think I'll give the product a try. Wonder if they send out samples?

Old 07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow that looks SWEET...AMAZING....damm.......black is so incredible right after a good polishing-waxing....just can't match it for depth
Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by San Antonio Mobile Car Wash
Nice!!! Think I'll give the product a try. Wonder if they send out samples?

Autopia have a return guarantee on their website

If a product we offer fails to satisfy you, simply return the product, postage prepaid, and we'll refund your purchase in full (minus the original shipping charges).

We test, use and stand behind everything we sell. Your complete satisfaction is our only goal.
Almost as good as free samples.

Quick Reply: 3rd Ultima Detail - The Final Frontier!