Notices

Color match: natural brown and cinnamon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Color match: natural brown and cinnamon?

HI.

Car = 2002 996tt with natural brown leather on the inside.

I contacted a vendor for dye (advertised in Panorama).....they sent a piece of leather called cinnamon that is close if not the same...anyone know if it is, indeed, the exact same color. It looks just a touch off...but lighting here, etc., was not ideal.

TIA

JB
Old 04-30-2007, 10:37 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cinnamon is typically a redder version of Natural Brown. On a previous M3 I worked on, it had Cinnamon interior which was much more red than Porsches Natural Brown. If you are trying to match previous leather you need to bring it to a local professional who can color match the dye perfectly, or order new leather. You can buy natural brown hides from Porsche direct...pretty expensive though.

Wes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Thanks. My thoughts too. Anyone have dye for natural brown in a 2002 Turbo (anyone sell it....reliably matching?)?

Thanks!!!!!!

JB
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 PM
whakiewes
Pro

What are you doing with it? Anyway you can send off a sample of yours, or possibly buy a swatch from Porsche? I would look up automotive upholstry shops and work from there. There is a local leather dyer here in Greensboro that could do it, but he's pretty expensive. I had a nice hide of full grain italian leather dyed to the tune of about $450 if I remember correctly. It came out perfect and I have not had any issues with it, but its costly when you add in the cost of the original hide.

So if you can't send off a sample of yours or can't buy a swatch from Porsche, try your upholstry shops locally and see what they can come up with. If they can't dye in house, I can nearly guarantee they know someone that can.

Wes
Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Update: Anyone know the P code for the natural brown in a 2002 turbo?

Here is the place I am looking to get dye:

http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/porschecolrchart.htm

Thanks!

Any help for any site is welcome. I have nothing to do with the above. I am a consumer with a problem.

JB
Old 05-18-2007, 01:37 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Try world upholstery in santa rosa, Ca. They are on the web. They will have it. You should be able to find the actual color code in your owners manual.

Quick Reply: Color match: natural brown and cinnamon?