Notices

2001 Guards Red Turbo w/OptiSeal

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Guards Red Turbo w/OptiSeal

This past Saturday my buddy Ron and I went by a clients house to wash and do some regular maintenance work on his Porsche Turbo, Ford GT and Escalade and after that we were off to the Porsche Center to detail a 2001 Guards Red Turbo and also a detail on an 06 Seal Grey Cayenne.

I only have pictures of the Turbo as it was our special project of the day, the Cayenne cleaned up fairly easy.

We used Optimum Polish to correct the light marring via rotary. We used the Lake Country white polishing pad to level the paint, blue finishing pad and then used the Cyclo to prepare the paint for the waxing.

We first laid down Poli-Seal as we wanted to test OptiSeal over it for some streaking issues some are claiming to have. We had very little streaking, about 4 or 5 streaks which were easily removed with a light buffing from a MF towel.

We have 2 coats of Opti-Seal on the finish of this Guards Red Turbo and sadly no sun to show it off in

Hope you enjoy the few pictures anyways,

Take care,
Anthony

Last edited by Anthony Orosco; 04-30-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:35 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anthony,

Looks good! What other products do you use besides Optimum. I have used the polish before and it was okay. Being a traditionalist I am skeptical on the all-in-one selling tool. The founder of Optimum sure has his credentials, but I just like to work through the steps. Do you find yourself more or less satisifed with the outcome (not work involved, overall outcome)? I have been considering taking on more Optimum products, and everyone on every board seems to be jumping through hoops over Poli-Seal.

Also as a sealant, what is the setup time? Do you immediately do following coats or is there a sealing time. I typically allow a minimum of 12hrs before coats, which really takes a toll. I often find if I am not careful I will work through my previous coat of sealant before applying a new coat. Do you find that the sealant sets up quickly enough to allow repetitive coats?

Wes
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whakiewes
Anthony,

Looks good! What other products do you use besides Optimum. I have used the polish before and it was okay. Being a traditionalist I am skeptical on the all-in-one selling tool. The founder of Optimum sure has his credentials, but I just like to work through the steps. Do you find yourself more or less satisifed with the outcome (not work involved, overall outcome)? I have been considering taking on more Optimum products, and everyone on every board seems to be jumping through hoops over Poli-Seal.

Also as a sealant, what is the setup time? Do you immediately do following coats or is there a sealing time. I typically allow a minimum of 12hrs before coats, which really takes a toll. I often find if I am not careful I will work through my previous coat of sealant before applying a new coat. Do you find that the sealant sets up quickly enough to allow repetitive coats?

Wes
Great questions Wes and thank you for the kind words.

The Poli-Seal is designed first and foremost for detailers in a wholesale situation but many detailers love it who do mainly retail also. It is a true correction product which leaves behind a fair amount of protection but for high end detailing where the client is spending some good change for a "4 step" process then using Poli-Seal as the ONLY step would not be ideal....or ethical.

Now the Opti-Seal is a pure sealant only, no cleaning properties and because of its make-up it begins bonding right away. I usually finish the prep work, lay down some OptiSeal and then move on to detailing wheels, engine, etc. In 45 minutes to an hour I'll apply one more layer. So each layer can be done about 45 minutes to an hour or longer apart without effecting the first layer.

I have applied up to 4 layers with no diminishing returns....I see no reason to do more than 2 in reality though.

I use Menzerna, some Hi-Temp and also Leathermaster along with Optimum and a few odd brands for testing with Top Of The Line.

Take care,
Anthony
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly what I was looking for. I don't do any fleet cleaning, and I was unsure what you were using it for. It seems like a good product, I may give it a try just for helping friends and such. I am still trying to find a sealant that I am completely satisfied with, and to date I haven't. I love the looks of the ones I have used, but the terribly long curing times make it really hard to use effectively or quickly. Optimum seems to have some really good products out now so I may give them a try again. I am really stuck on Poorboys and Clearkote products. Einszett is also a favorite of mine, but the previous two are some of the easiest working products I have ever used with some of the best results I can produce for any amount of money.

Wes

Quick Reply: 2001 Guards Red Turbo w/OptiSeal