Notices

Instant Detailer Spray

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Bangkokian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instant Detailer Spray

Can anyone tell me if it's a bad idea to use "detailer" sprays. Thinking of using it as a quick wipe down in the morning after washing the car when I'm in a hurry to get where I'm going. I bought some McGuires Showtime and tried it once today. It seemed to give nice a "wet look" but now am wondering if it will damage my Autoglyn finish.
Thanks.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 770 Likes on 405 Posts

There's no problem in my opinion if you use it after a wash. You just don't want to use it in the place of a wash.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Bangkokian
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I noticed a slight solvent like smell in the spray and wondered if it would wash away any wax. As for using the spray as a wash, wouldn't think of it and can't stand the minor circular microscratches on the car already. Glad they're only visible in direct sunlight, or bright street lights. Thanks for the good advice anyway.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bangkokian
As for using the spray as a wash, wouldn't think of it and can't stand the minor circular microscratches on the car already. Glad they're only visible in direct sunlight, or bright street lights. Thanks for the good advice anyway.
Speaking of, what is the best/easiest way to get rid of those???
Old 03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Autoglym Paint Renovator is a cream, containing blended grades of almost diamond-hard aluminium oxide powder to give a powerful but controlled cutting and fine polishing action. Specialized emulsifiers and oils surface give a controlled surface preparation. CP contains no silicone and can be applied with a Porter Cable random orbital polisher, or by hand.

Quick Reply: Instant Detailer Spray