Notices

Tampa Bay Detailer Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:38 PM
jacksonking
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tampa Bay Detailer Recommendation?

Nothing in the archives. Would appreciate any guidance on finding someone top notch. I have a black 1999 996 and after two sessions with the clay, I have lots of water marks and microscratches. (In the garage now.) I'd like to get the paint as smooth and clean as possible and then try to maintain it.

I am experienced with a Zaino program, but don't want to build layers on top of what I'm starting with.

If you can't recommend a detailer can you suggest houw to deep clean before Zaino? Thanks -- Jack
Old 03-08-2007, 12:41 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

If you're a member of the PCA you might ask some of your region's reps
the same question. They would know. Other than that, there's the Yellow
Pages... Unfortunately that'll be a crap shoot.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Blackness
Pro

Sorry, don't know of anyone to recommend on the west coast. There's no one I trust on the east either. That's why I did some research and DIY'ed.

I'm strictly a novice, but I've had great results with a Porter Cable and the Menzerna polishes. You might search here. There are several pro detailers on this forum that have discussed polishes and techniques at great lengths. Also try the Autopia forum. If you happen to be over my way anytime, I would be glad to help out if you were to choose to DIY. I'll also be at Sebring next Fri. and Sat. if you plan to be there.

Good Luck...but be careful if you decide to have a detailer do the correction for you. I've seen a lot of hack jobs that charge big money.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
jacksonking
Racer

Thanks Blackness -- I think I am going to polish my way out of this myself... I found a detailed article on autopia and I'm up for the challenge. I will be at the Porsche/BMW (PBOC) club DE event at Sebring in May -- but still sorting the car right now. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Jack

Quick Reply: Tampa Bay Detailer Recommendation?