Notices

New kid on the block - Polycharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New kid on the block - Polycharger

For a few months now, I've been watching a very interesting discussion on the Autopia forum, http://autopia.org/forum/red-dot-formula/

David has been busy developing 'new' formulas with his tame chemist, to develop a new line of synthetic products, and initially a super slick, super long lasting sealant.

Red Dot Formula (as it was code named) was developed and road tested with forum members, and at some point during development, David started looking at using the formulations as a 'booster additive' to existing waxes.

What came out of that testing is the first commercial product range, which he's calling Polycharger.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/polycharger.html

Looks like he has two flavors of 'booster', one for water based products, one for solvent based products, and they both work with their respective liquid waxes, detailing sprays and sealants.

You add the booster in a very small quantity to your product, and this greatly enhances shine/smoothness/ease of application/longevity.

This appears to be an interesting concept, using existing products as a carrier for the new sealant, and I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to try it out yet?

I noticed that Autogeek.net started advertising it as well yesterday, so looks like distribution is being picked up by a number of outlets.

In addition, I notice that discussion on the original RDF has begun again, and this is now being packaged as a new product, ULTIMA.

So, any of our detailing chemists care to comment on the technology that's discussed around these new products?

And anyone that's tried them - post pictures!

Last edited by cdodkin; 02-22-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only feedback I have from another chemist is....."How can you know or tell it's working?"

In other words what's the criteria to judge whether it is actually "boosting" your chosen product? I guess one could test one panel with the polycharge and one without and see if it actually lasts any longer.

The other thing I have found with enthusiasts and weekend warriors is that they LOVE to polish and wax their cars. "Time" is not a concern with most of them as this is what they want to do with their time.....detail and rub on their cars.

Then, is it cost effective? In other words what's the difference in cost if one buys 16oz's of their favorite cream wax plus the polycharge compared to just buying a polymer??

Is it possible to be compatible with ALL products on the market?

Lots of questions so I guess I, like you, will have to wait for some feedback from others.

Anthony
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 751 Likes on 392 Posts

My thoughts excatly Anthony. To say something works with ALL products is a bold statement. How WOULD one quantitively evaluate if the product is working? I'm intreaged and skeptical at the same time. I guess more people will have to use it. By the way, got my sample from Optimum and I've only used the car wash so far and must admit, it works VERY well. I like how much foam I got and how clean the paint looked afterwards. Optimum is batting 100% so far.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
My thoughts excatly Anthony. To say something works with ALL products is a bold statement. How WOULD one quantitively evaluate if the product is working? I'm intreaged and skeptical at the same time. I guess more people will have to use it. By the way, got my sample from Optimum and I've only used the car wash so far and must admit, it works VERY well. I like how much foam I got and how clean the paint looked afterwards. Optimum is batting 100% so far.
Great to hear

Quick Reply: New kid on the block - Polycharger