Notices

Now I really did it.....upset the Meguiar's Community

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no problem with devotion and ethics

As I said - I have a problem with people (not just you) that set them selves up as a 'resident Pro' on a forum, and then abuse that position to trash products and companies with statements like this:

Meguair's, and other mediocre companies that only care about getting your money....
You single handedly managed to get a forum full of Meguair's users thinking that Porsche drivers were snobs/idiots/above using Meguair's

And then you posted a link to that forum for some reason?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:02 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Thanks mastiff. You have had first-hand knowledge of my devotion and ethics that go into my work. I think, and hope, anyone reading my comments knows my best interest is your best interest. Thanks again and your support means a lot.
Got you covered. Stating your opinion based on your years of experience of using these products as a professional carries some weight on the forums.

You are not here to be lectured on sales technique, there are plenty of other venues for that. Your purpose, along with the other pro detailers on here has been pure, all of you have been educating owners on how to take of their cars properly. It never fails, no good deed goes unpunished.

And by the way, the majority of the Meguiar's products suck azz, so there. How's my selling technique?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:11 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Got you covered. Stating your opinion based on your years of experience of using these products as a professional carries some weight on the forums.

You are not here to be lectured on sales technique, there are plenty of other venues for that. Your purpose, along with the other pro detailers on here has been pure, all of you have been educating owners on how to take of their cars properly. It never fails, no good deed goes unpunished.

And by the way, the majority of the Meguiar's products suck azz, so there. How's my selling technique?
No problem mastiffdog - some of us obviously expect higher standards from our resident 'pros'

I'm sure the tirade of anti Porsche comments from the Meguiar's community were in no way predicated by Moe's comments......

Oh, other than those that reference him on this forum directly of course!

Way to go fostering an esprit de corps in the car community.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:45 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 734 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
No problem mastiffdog - some of us obviously expect higher standards from our resident 'pros'

I'm sure the tirade of anti Porsche comments from the Meguiar's community were in no way predicated by Moe's comments......

Oh, other than those that reference him on this forum directly of course!

Way to go fostering an esprit de corps in the car community.
With all do respect, you do need to get a life. I've noticed that only now do you start to respond back to this thread. You have yet to mention anything about our comments on the Optimum products on the last few responses in this thread and I think you get the joys out of creating controversey. If you want to keep using what you do, that's fine; and I can respect that. However, don't argue with someone that has far more knoweldge in an area than you do. I stand by what I've said and don't regret a thing. I will not be swayed away by dilusional marketing that has got you believing Meguiar's NXT is a true wax and is worth being on a car that was built for the enthusiast. You question my sales technique, yet who spends millions giving away FREE products at Pebble, Barret Jackson, car shows, etc. In my opinion, Meguiar's consumer line is for a target market that is not Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. and/or enthusiast that care about correct detailing procedures. You wanna slop on wax on your finish, go ahead. But there are far better products from P21S, Adam's, Optimum, Einzzette, etc. that true enthusiasts know are better for the same price. My job is to educate DIY detailers and give them legitimate results; not results that wash away quicker than vacuuming your car. This forum, and others like it, are an open discussion arena where enthusiasts can freely voice their opinions without critisism. Along the way, we all teach and learn as well. You have yet to convince me why YOU think the product that you use is better and is something others should use. I've got a few PMs in rennlist, and more from 6speed, about how users of NXT would never use it again. This confirms my comments and I'm more direct than others. If your feelings are hurt because you were made fun of on a Meguiar's forum, then I suggest you post on that forum and stick up for yourself. Don't bother us here with your outrageous comments and relpies.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:40 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about both of you guys shut up, and Moe closes this thread so it will go away. Rennlist has enough of this bull**** in the other forums.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:38 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
How about both of you guys shut up, and Moe closes this thread so it will go away. Rennlist has enough of this bull**** in the other forums.
OK you've both had a rant lets close this and get on with obtaining detailing knowledge
Old 02-08-2007, 10:25 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

How do I close this thread?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OK guys....enough's enough.....THREAD CLOSED.

Quick Reply: Now I really did it.....upset the Meguiar's Community