Now I really did it.....upset the Meguiar's Community

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 753 Likes on 394 Posts

I sent a PM to Anthony and am waiting for an answer on getting the optimum line...the no rinse is a waterless wash? Hoe does it work? My initial assumption is that it would scratch the finish or leave micro-swirls.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:43 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Moe-

ONR is a wash. You add the product to your wash bucket, apply with applicator of choice--sheepskin mitt etc, then dry. Hence the name no rinse. It's really easy to use and it doesn't cause marring. The product "encapsulates" the dirt and lifts it from the finish. I use a two bucket method with grit guard in the rinse bucket to move my mitt across prior to applying more ONR. I do a panel at a time and I can literally wash and dry my Landcruiser in 20-30 minutes. Same for the Porsche.

This is really a versatile product that you can mix for both washing and QDing. I have some in a pesticide sprayer that I use as a pre-wash for wheels or areas that are heavily soiled.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick & Easy Wash (QEW):
Protectalls Quick & Easy Wash is non-abrasive; it safely loosens, then dirt-encapsulating ingredients (surfactants) will lift the dirt from the surface eliminating the need to use a water hose. QEW is as effective as a regular wash, whenever there is a water shortage, cold weather washing, as it takes less time, or a water hose is not available (condominiums, car shows, etc)It contains a non-foaming surfactants [: a surface-active substance], which forms a very close bond to the surface and by chemical and/or electrostatic action between the dirt or hydrocarbon solids (which covers most of the soils found on a vehicle) These solids are encapsulated by the surfactants in the washing media (wash mitt /towel) once this media is agitated in the rinse water the solids are released (See also QEW Section 05)

Alternative product- Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine - http://www.superiorcarcare.net/opnoriwash.html

Surfactants:
A surfactant is defined as a material that can greatly reduce the surface tension of water when used in very low concentrations. The hydrophobic hydrocarbon molecule encapsulates the soils, which in turn is rinsed away.

Surfactants are classified by their ionic (electrical charge) properties in water: anionic (negative charge), non-ionic (no charge) cationic (positive charge) and amphoteric (either positive or negative charge).

Soap is an anionic surfactant, other anionic as well as non-ionic surfactants are the main ingredients in today's detergents. A particular type of molecular structure performs as a surfactant. This molecule comprises a hydrophilic ionic (water-soluble) and a hydrophobic hydrocarbon (water insoluble) component, c combined these two molecules form a micelle.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 PM
EdC
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember being in high school science class and wondering why I was expected to learn the material? Now you know. Thanks TOGWT
Old 01-26-2007, 09:18 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by EdC
Remember being in high school science class and wondering why I was expected to learn the material? Now you know. Thanks TOGWT
That goes double for me. A real asset to any forum you're on TOGWT.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that more folks are using Optimum products. I'd love to see a thread discussing what everyone is using, method of app. and removal of product, before and after pics, that kind of thing. I bouth the Wash, hyper compound, polish, poly-seal, spray wax, as well as getting some towels from Anthony, via his new site. (GREAT SITE BTW---the is a discussion board as well as commerce page)
Anyway, my car is also black, so we should have some great pics and great technique disussions if we started such a thread.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:13 PM
GOSANE
Banned

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Quick & Easy Wash (QEW):
Protectalls Quick & Easy Wash is non-abrasive; it safely loosens, then dirt-encapsulating ingredients (surfactants) will lift the dirt from the surface eliminating the need to use a water hose. QEW is as effective as a regular wash, whenever there is a water shortage, cold weather washing, as it takes less time, or a water hose is not available (condominiums, car shows, etc)It contains a non-foaming surfactants [: a surface-active substance], which forms a very close bond to the surface and by chemical and/or electrostatic action between the dirt or hydrocarbon solids (which covers most of the soils found on a vehicle) These solids are encapsulated by the surfactants in the washing media (wash mitt /towel) once this media is agitated in the rinse water the solids are released (See also QEW Section 05)

Alternative product- Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine - http://www.superiorcarcare.net/opnoriwash.html

Surfactants:
A surfactant is defined as a material that can greatly reduce the surface tension of water when used in very low concentrations. The hydrophobic hydrocarbon molecule encapsulates the soils, which in turn is rinsed away.

Surfactants are classified by their ionic (electrical charge) properties in water: anionic (negative charge), non-ionic (no charge) cationic (positive charge) and amphoteric (either positive or negative charge).

Soap is an anionic surfactant, other anionic as well as non-ionic surfactants are the main ingredients in today's detergents. A particular type of molecular structure performs as a surfactant. This molecule comprises a hydrophilic ionic (water-soluble) and a hydrophobic hydrocarbon (water insoluble) component, c combined these two molecules form a micelle.
Also known as SNAKE OIL.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:46 AM
EdC
Pro

"SNAKE OIL"? Because?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep. Why Lynn?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GOSANE
Also known as SNAKE OIL.
If you have facts to back up your statement (“Snake oil”) I for one would be crateful if you would share that knowledge, otherwise your statement has absolutely no validity
Old 02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
tdekany
Advanced

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I sent a PM to Anthony and am waiting for an answer on getting the optimum line...the no rinse is a waterless wash? Hoe does it work? My initial assumption is that it would scratch the finish or leave micro-swirls.

doesn't sratch, although it has a learning curve for some.

once a week ONR or QEW wash.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert Heinlein quote:

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

My .02.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GOSANE
Also known as SNAKE OIL.
I'm guessing you've never used it.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:46 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cdodkin
Hey MoeMistry, you've upset Porsche owners as well.

You have aired your personal opinions as fact regarding Meguiar's products, and that's always a dangerous path to take.

Not sure why you feel you have to pursue it further.

Not classy and not professional.

You may not think what he said is classy or professional, but at least Moe has the ***** to come on to the forum and give us his honest feelings about the products. He's not selling anything here, he's calling it as he sees it.

Why is it "dangerous" for him to state his opinion? If anything, I find Moe's comments refreshing and direct.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:52 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
You may not think what he said is classy or professional, but at least Moe has the ***** to come on to the forum and give us his honest feelings about the products. He's not selling anything here, he's calling it as he sees it.

Why is it "dangerous" for him to state his opinion? If anything, I find Moe's comments refreshing and direct.
Thanks mastiff. You have had first-hand knowledge of my devotion and ethics that go into my work. I think, and hope, anyone reading my comments knows my best interest is your best interest. Thanks again and your support means a lot.

Quick Reply: Now I really did it.....upset the Meguiar's Community