Notices

P21S Paintwork Cleanser???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Racer48
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P21S Paintwork Cleanser???

Has anyone had any experience with the P21S Paintwork Cleanser? If so, what type of contaminants is it able to remove from the paint? Is it necessary to clay prior to use of the P21S?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer48
Has anyone had any experience with the P21S Paintwork Cleanser? If so, what type of contaminants is it able to remove from the paint? Is it necessary to clay prior to use of the P21S?
Very, very mild.

I would say it is more like an astrigent for paint. I use to use it after all my polishing to clean up the paint and remove any oils and such from the paint prior to waxing.

You will need to use a clay if you want to remove imbedded contaminates.

Anthony
Old 10-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Very, very mild.
I agree. (...well, who would be dumb enough to disagree with Anthony!) It's a wonderful product (easy to use) for a brand new car with no marring or scratching. However, it's not agressive.

I had one customer that asked me to use it on one of his cars (he provided the product). On this car (an aging German car in a darker metallic color) it helped brighten the older paint (to some degree) that had been neglected, but doesn't remove or fill much.

Personally, I'd skip this product on anything but a new car. I get better results out of 3M Hand Glaze for removing contaminants off of paint. There are also other good choices besides Hand Glaze.

Jay
90 964
84 3.2

Last edited by Jay H; 10-09-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: P21S Paintwork Cleanser???