Notices

Seal Grey Porsche C4S Detailed

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seal Grey Porsche C4S Detailed

This was a sad case of "Porsche Abuse" to the extreme....well exterior anyways. Surprisingly the previous owner was very gentle on the interior.

Perhaps th eworst marring I have ever seen on a Porsche....well any car period. These 2 pictures only tell half the story.

If you look at the lights reflection in the hood you can see some of the horrific marring.

This is what it looked like in the sun.

Wax, dried up, caked in wax, was everywhere. If it was an area with molding/trim it had stained wax in it or on it.

After some cleaning with brushes and toothpicks we have much nicer results.

Now onto the bumperettes in the rear. They were sun damaged, perhaps even damage from a caustic cleaner.....but at any rate they had to be removed, wetsanded, cleaned a then dyed. The dye is permanent.

To this....

So after being de-dinged, wetsanded, polished numerous times and then waxed we have these results.

There are a few things I need to touch up on it come Monday but it's pretty much finished now ready for its new owner....who I hope takes MUCH better care of it!!

Anthony
Old 09-30-2006, 10:37 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn,

Why people treat there cars like that I will never know... Good job , I hope you charged the hell out of him, a stupidity surcharge on top.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:42 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 773 Likes on 407 Posts

OMG How can anyone treat their P-car like that. And a 997....how can anyone do this in less than a couple of years? You had your work cut out for you Anthony. By the look of the hood, I can only imagine the rest of the horror. Excellent job as usual. DITTO on the stupidity and neglect premium.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

The funny thing is this....the previous owner traded this in for a new BLACK (Oh the humanity!!) Turbo. Yesterday I get a call from a guy with a new black Turbo who wants to have it washed and detailed weekly. He stated he wanted to get "off on the right foot" with this Porsche.

I'm wondering if it's the same guy who had this C4S? Can't wait to ask him 2 weeks from now when I go and detail it.

Thanks for the kind words gents

Anthony
Old 09-30-2006, 01:58 PM
signal
Racer

what dye do you use, any tips, those bumperettes look great! How much total time did it take you to detail that whole car start to finish?
Old 09-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by signal
what dye do you use, any tips, those bumperettes look great! How much total time did it take you to detail that whole car start to finish?
It took me a total of 2 days but this is because I had to wait on some minor paint work to be done on a few chips...mainly hand touch up work.

The battery also died and it got new wheels and tires. So in reality it would have taken about 10 hours if I had the ability to do it straight through.

I use this kit for cleaning and restoring all trim and moldings.

http://www.topoftheline.com/trim-molding-dye.html

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 09-30-2006, 10:43 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 57 Posts

Anthony,

I read every one of your posts and learn something new every time. What truly amazes me is the phenomenal results you get in relatively short time.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:51 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

WOW.....what an improvement.......it really sucks that you are so far away....I like to consider myself a decent detailer......but I would gladly pay $$$ to you to high speed polish-wax my 928!! Planning on a road trip to CA anytime soon?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911Urge
Anthony,

I read every one of your posts and learn something new every time. What truly amazes me is the phenomenal results you get in relatively short time.
Hey thanks for the kind words. I believe that first and foremost I am blessed with a talent for this type of work (I really wanted to be in the music industry but that wasn't Gods plan) and secondly....I simply love doing it!

I'm glad to hear you learn from my posts, I also learn from yours and others as I travel through the Rennlist forums. I am working on a "Car Care" list of sorts for Rennlist people telling what products to use for what, tips and tricks, etc. I hope people benefit from that.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 10-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
WOW.....what an improvement.......it really sucks that you are so far away....I like to consider myself a decent detailer......but I would gladly pay $$$ to you to high speed polish-wax my 928!! Planning on a road trip to CA anytime soon?
Hey Iceman,

Ya know me....I would love to be able to travel and detail Pcars and CA would be a stop for sure. I have family and friends in Southern CA and I'm sure I could get a few cars detailed while there also. Love to meet new people

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll bump this post to the top again...

I too thank Anthony for sharing these cars with those great pics of before and after. Anthony, you are an asset to Rennlist and much appreciated by amature detailers like myself.

I regularly do a 2005 Audi and the owner runs it through those rag type car washes all winter and then comes to me in the spring to reverse his damage. He bought the car new and after one winter, it was a swirly mess. Not as bad as this C4S, but man, to do that to a $58,000 car is beyond my comprehension. He felt the touch free washes weren't getting his car as clean as the rag/brush washes. I cringed when I saw it after the winter abuse for the first time (I did the car when it was new before the first winter). My point is that people just don't know what they are doing to their paint when they wash it incorrectly.

Jay
90 964
84 3.2
Old 10-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Hey Jay,

Thank you for those encouraging words, glad I can be of some help.

I agree with you 100% about people and their cars. People need to be more educated on how to care for their vehicles but beyond that, that they know just how much physical labor is involved in fixing that damage!!

Happy Detailing,

Anthony
Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Outstanding work, thanks for sharing ...
Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
that they know just how much physical labor is involved in fixing that damage!!
...I think they start getting the point when they get the invoice for the work...!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Would you ever consider going to Spokane?

Quick Reply: Seal Grey Porsche C4S Detailed