Notices

Where do you buy your Sheepskin Mitt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where do you buy your Sheepskin Mitt?

The quality of sheepskin mitts range from horrific to phenomenal and price isn't always a good indicator. Some people only purchase them in person at local stores to ensure they are getting a good quality, whereas others have found reliable online sources. I'm looking to hear which online sources you trust, so post a link to the mitt you would entrust on the first car wash of a new black super car...
Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

You're going to hate me for saying this, but WalMart for my last 3 mitts.

I have a black C2 as you know - and the Turtle Wax Sheepskin Mitt has done a superb job without swirls.

Hurts me to admit it, but there it is!

Old 06-02-2006, 01:19 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cdodkin
You're going to hate me for saying this, but WalMart for my last 3 mitts.

I have a black C2 as you know - and the Turtle Wax Sheepskin Mitt has done a superb job without swirls.

Hurts me to admit it, but there it is!

Don't be ashamed because I've had at least 20 people tell me they buy their mitts from Exceldetail.com and I found out that their mitts are Eurow mitts which are the SAME EXACT MITTS sold at Wal-Mart. The only difference is that Patrick at ExcelDetail hand picks the mitts he puts in his inventory so that people can reliably get good ones over the internet. However, when you go to walmart you can do this yourself, so it is just as good.

See here for more info:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....891#post728891

So hold your head high cdodkin as you've now a genius!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:32 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

I just see people here that attribute 'quality' with paying large sums for everyday products, and buying them from 'exclusive' retailers (or Etailers).

I am extremely particular about everything I use on my cars, but at the same time, I like to cut through the cr@p and buy something that does the job - even if it's from Walmart or Target.

Chris.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cdodkin
I just see people here that attribute 'quality' with paying large sums for everyday products, and buying them from 'exclusive' retailers (or Etailers).

I am extremely particular about everything I use on my cars, but at the same time, I like to cut through the cr@p and buy something that does the job - even if it's from Walmart or Target.

Chris.
I'll admit that I have a orange VRoom Microfiber mitt from Target that I love to use on my wife's SUV. Its a great mitt! I also picked up some Zymol leather cleaner there too because it is cheaper and I don't have to pay for shipping. I also get all my Meguiars products from Target, although I don't use them as much as some of the other products I have now.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Walmart and Target carry the same darn supposed high end mints you find on those websites totting the best car care products. I found the same darn mit I bought on Autogeeks for 7.99 at Target for 3.99 (same tag, same symbols, size, etc). Don't waste your dough.

Quick Reply: Where do you buy your Sheepskin Mitt?