Notices

Micro scratch/spider web removal??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much pressure on the PC and it bogs down and almost quits so take it easy on the pressure. Just enough to where it begins to bog but still allows the spin action.

Speeds #4 and #5 are pretty much right where you want to work. Any lower and it's totally useless and #6 can be very hard on your forearm and wrists in terms of vibration.

Anthony
Old 06-03-2006, 10:39 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 138 Likes on 104 Posts

So, do I want to keep it spinning "freely" the entire time it's on the paint kind of like skating over the surface? When I would give a little pressure, the pad would only spin when I was going left to right, but it really never bogged down less 15% or so.
I think I hand wax with a little more pressure (kind of when I would bear down on the orbital).
OK, I just thought of this, but don't take it the wrong way. If I were to put a nickel on a flat surface and applied the orbital buffer on it (with wax) do I apply enough pressure to keep the nickel in place or less pressure to let the nickel shoot out from the buffer?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Just enough pressure to keep the nickel spinning
Old 06-04-2006, 12:27 AM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Ah sooooo green grasshopper, I see now. Many visions of shining colors are etchedin within my senses.

In the words of Richard Pryor, "I CAN SEE, I CAN SEE ! ! ! ! ! "

Now, do you sell a light polish to remove those light spider swirls? I plan on trying the Griots "Best of Show" wax. I really like several of the Griot's products for my MCA SHelby Mustang.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:59 AM
jb26jb
Racer

Try the optimum polish good stuff for removing swirls and fine scratches and leaves paint ready for your final wax/sealant.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:47 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I note the new SwirlBuster Polish from Sonus has finally landed - so I'll be giving it a trial run this weekend with the SwirlBuster pad and a PC.

Sounds like it's the Sonus SFX2 polish (which is good) with added features specifically for Swirl removal and deep gloss shine.

Autopia Info Page

I'll post results and pictures - black car, so should be a good test.

David @ Autopia sounds extremely positive about this product - together with a decent wax such as Meguairs NXT he's suggesting it's ideal for all cars, but just superb for black etc etc.

Chris.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:05 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

I have ordered the Optumium polish, wax and the UV protectant. I'll try it out next week.

Quick Reply: Micro scratch/spider web removal??