Notices

Pinnacle Crystal Mist ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006 | 10:02 PM
wardo
Advanced

Default Pinnacle Crystal Mist ?

If I have a pretty clean car washed a couple of days ago and park inadvertently by a sprinkler at work.
Is is okay to use Crystal Mist to clean the impacted area ,hood and fenders, or do I need to wash first ?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2006 | 01:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Personally, I'd feel a bit uncomfortable with the car being 'clean' after a couple of days of driving; there's bound to be dirt/grit sitting on the surface.
If had been parked and not driven, then yes, I'd probably go ahead and spray the surface with lots of distilled water, wipe with a microfiber towel, then apply Crystal Mist.

But, as always, the only opinion that counts is that of a professional, so I'd recommend asking/sending a PM to Anthony in this forum and see what he says.
Old 04-07-2006 | 06:58 AM
wardo
Advanced

Thanks...so when I see posts about dry detailing what is being refered to ?
Old 04-07-2006 | 06:07 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Quick detailers are meant for musuem/showcars that have basicaly only dust accumlation.

I know guys that use them everyday though. They spritz their cars down when they get home in the evening or in the AM when it's cool. If the car is relatively free of grit then it's fairly safe to use a quick detailer but you'll always run the risk of marring the paint.

When people speak of "dry washing" they are speaking about an agent that's added to several gallons of water and then one area of the car is washed and dried at a time.

A popular product is called QEW (quich easy wash) and it is designed mainly for RV owners when they get to their destination and they want to clean off the road grime and bugs but there is no water hose. All you need is a few gallons of water, a sponge and some drying towels.

Optimum has though recently developed a product designed mainly for car washing called "No Rinse". I was a HUGE skeptic at first because my thought is that one must flood the area to be washed with plenty of water first but after using the No Rinse for some time now I am convinced it works. I did an metallic black (basalt black) R32 yesterday that was filthy and I used 4oz of No Rinse to 4 gallons of water (I use soft water also) and I washed the car faster than with my traditional powerwasher and bucket and I didn't introduce any marring into the paint. I must admit it's a pretty neat product and I'm sure I'll use it more often in the future.

I believe another comapny also recently came out with a product very much like No Rinse. I know Autogeek carries both products. I carry only the No Rinse.

I could see where the No Rinse would work better and safer than the QD, especially for the **** people who always want a super clean car as you can use it everyday with a much lower risk of marring the car.

I'll try and get some samples out to who ever is interested.

Anthony
Old 04-07-2006 | 08:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Anthony,
I'm afraid you lost me.....
With 'No Rinse' there is literally no need to rinse the product off the car prior to drying?....in other words, 4 gallon bucket + 4 oz product is all you need?
Does it strip/remove wax off the finish?
Old 04-07-2006 | 10:13 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Yea perhaps I didn't explain it well, my bad....

OK, after I mix up the No Rinse into my water bucket I then place my washmit in the bucket and then I wash one area of the hood or roof just as if I were washing in the traditional maner using soap and water. The difference is that there is no PRE-rinsing, you just apply the No Rinse to a dry car and then take a dry microfiber towel and dry the area.

I know this causes haunting images of paint being ripped up because this is what I thought also but I am surprised by the absence of marring being left behind. I am told this is due to the polymers that are in the No Rinse. I'll send you a sample of it and you can try it out on some friends car first

It does not strip wax, in fact it leaves behind a nice gloss with a slick feel to the paint. It also does not streak on glass.

I should be getting some more in soon.

Anthony
Old 04-08-2006 | 12:05 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

If anyone else besides you posted this product information, I'd be skeptical.

Sounds like a great product.
Old 04-08-2006 | 09:42 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Anthony,

I'd be interested in buying a sample off of you. Please pm me your info. Thanks!

Steve

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Crystal Mist ?