Notices

FK-1 #425...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 08:32 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FK-1 #425...anyone?

Just ordered this quick detailier (haven't been blown away by anything I've tried--too many to list) FK-1 #425 Slick Poly Wipe is getting lots of great reviews by the detailing addicts.
Anyone been using it? The reviewers are raving about the slickness and gloss.
Works equally well with synth sealants and Carnauba. Not very expensive either.
Just ordered a bottle. Will post pics.

http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm
Old 02-26-2006, 10:30 AM
jb26jb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the reviews also on autopia, let us know what you think.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:36 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I've tried several "quick detalier" products.... Here are my thoughts"
Mequiars Quick Detailer: Nice smell, works well as long as car is cool, otherwise it leaves white residue which is hard to get off, does have a fair amount of wax to it

Griots Speedshine: Similar to mequiars, but without the smell...even harder to remove if it turns white...didn't like it

Mothers Showtime: Nice cinnamon scent, works better on warm cars...one of my favorites, not as much wax as the others

Adams Polish detail spray: ( www.adamspolishes.com ) Bubblegum scent, works really well, supposedly better on hot cars (haven't tried it on my car in the sun yet) ...seems to have a bit more wax-shine vs showtime/speedshine...about like quickdetailer

I will use adams this upcoming concours season...I also use showtime when I claybar the car (since it came together as a kit)
Old 03-05-2006, 10:28 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really wish I knew of this #425 when I had my black car.

The stuff is super slick. Who cares? well today I added some Carnauba topper (S100) and my previously dust free surface accumulated a bunch of dust after only hour. I wiped it down and did another application of the #425 over the Carnauba. An hour later ZERO dust.

also worth mentioning is that unlike Klasse SG, you can actually spray Finish Kare's Sealant/Glaze (FX100)
over however many layers of Carnauab wax. That's really cool. The FX100 is my new wheel product. A high gloss in an instant and it doesn't haze so there's no chance of missing a spot to buff out.

very please with these two products. But the #425 will be the only product that get the top coat of the paint from now on. Its sooooo slick that I can feel my pants glide over the paint and I still haven't gotten use to the slippery feel over my fingers when I close the car door.

Quick Reply: FK-1 #425...anyone?