Notices

What if car cover gets rained on? any paint problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Julia
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What if car cover gets rained on? any paint problems?

We are building a garage!! Yeah! However, my little P-Car must be outside until it is finshed. It is raining now and the car cover is wet. Does that hurt the paint at all? Would the car be better off uncovered in the rain? The contractor can still build luckily becasue it is a carport conversion.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Uncover it or you may get some paint problems as the fabric dries trapping moisture underneath.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Julia
Instructor

Thank you so much! I was wondering if it could also cloud up the paint! Thanks again Anthony.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 AM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Julia
Skippy is allergic to water!! But so is mine!

Is the cover a waterproof cover? If it is then you should be fine...but it sounds like its an indoor soft fabric cover which would soak through.... As much as it pains me to think of it....a few days of rain really won't do anything except make skippy dirty! Still mine rarely sees a cloudy sky!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Julia
Instructor

It's a Noah and is "water resistant". Skippy was wet underneath the cover. I took it off tonight. Soon Skippy will have a nice clean garage to be in! No more covers at all. I don't drive him in the rain. He hasn't been driven in almost 2 weeks because we went to Disneyland at Thanksgiving and it's been raining since we got back. I should at least start him up tomorrow and let him run for a while.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:41 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Even a water resistant cover will get condensation underneath it! A little rain is a small price for skippy to pay to get a nice new home! I wish I had a two car garage....it would make working on mine so much easier! Luckily the weather is good today...cool, but nice and sunny! The joys of living in CA!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:58 PM
S2TGART
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One, you wouldn't want a waterproof car cover, as it will trap moisture. Any moisture that gets through will dry. covers are really meant to keep all the other off the car, such as leaves, tree sap, bird &(@#, etc.

Quick Reply: What if car cover gets rained on? any paint problems?