Notices

Water spot removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Jmakado
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal. Too bad you're so far or I would offer to help. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically the minerals, which were once solids, now present in the water are seeking to return to their solid state....and they're using your cars surface to do so!

It was mentioned to use ValuGard's ABC system and I would second that. You may need to do the treatment up to 3 times in order to get them all the way out. Then use a mild polish and seal the paint.

Optimum has a water spot remover in beta testing right now and it works wonders on water spots but at the moment I couldn't get you any....in fact I can't get any for myself either at the moment.

Now, stay away from sprinklers

Anthony
Old 07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anthony,

Thanks for the input.
Unfortunately, I acted before I got advice here and abraded the spots away. They are not currently showing... I sprayed part of the hood yesterday with DI water and waited... they did not return.
I still plan on a water/vinegar wash, then polish, wax.
What I am getting at is that it seems that the ValuGard ABC system would have been a better way initially. I already went with a medium grit compound. Kind of killed a flea with a hammer I guess. Live and learn.
Does my plan, considering what I have already done, make sense at this point?

Re. sprinklers, yeah... parking is quite a dillema at times. Take a end spot, safe from other car doors but risk the planter bed sprinklers coming on. In the middle of the day. When it is 100+ outside. Argh.

Quick Reply: Water spot removal