Notices

Product Review with Pics (Cooper S)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Review with Pics (Cooper S)

Hey Guys,

I thought I would post some pics from the detailing I did this afternoon on my Mini Cooper S. (my father purchased it on an impulse but it has become my daily driver)

This car hasn’t been washed in about 7 months (but was garaged until the end of May). It was also waxed (though with Meguiar’s Gold Class…Good for about 2 weeks of protection) at the same time it was washed 7 months ago.

I started with my Mother’s California Gold Car Wash, and then moved on to the wheels which I hit with my still favorite Sonus Rim Bright (spray on and then agitate with a Mitt and wash off) It still works wonders, and I don’t see myself switching anytime soon.

After drying I moved on to Klasse AIO on my new Sonus DAS Pads…I was impressed with these pads from Day 1 when I pulled them out of the package. I say this for a few reasons:
A)They felt really good and seemed to have a quality hook and loop backing
B)They came in their own re-closable (zip-lock type) bags, which makes storage and organization that much easier (I am super ****, and this saved me a step)

I found the pads to work really well (no dusting) and they performed equally as well as, if not better than, my AutoGeek polishing pads. I ordered the Sonus Green Polishing Pad and the Sonus Blue LSP Pad (LSP=Last Step Product as in a wax or sealant) (Both of which came very highly recommended, and which I would feel comfortable telling others to use as well). As always the Klasse AIO is a wonder-product…never stops amazing me.

Following the AIO, I applied my 4-Star Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP) with the Sonus LSP pad and was surprised at how thinly and evenly it applied the Sealant. (It probably wasted more product than I would have, had I applied it by hand) but it was nice to be able to apply it thinly as the directions instruct. (applying it thickly is a bad idea, as it takes a good deal more buffing effort).

After applying the UPP to the entire car and letting it haze (I find that by applying it to the entire car I can let the sealant haze for 15 minutes as the directions instruct), I broke out my new Sonus Buffing Towels (Gold with a Silk Trim)…and like the other high quality MF towels I have been using lately, these had a great absorbency/ nap. I used only one of their 16x16 towels and it seemed to actually **** up the residue. I buffed off the residue, folding the towel every so often, and had no trouble with the towel being loaded up, or even slightly caked with product…a very nice towel.

**I didn’t use clay on the Mini as the paint felt pretty good and I was short on time**

Here are some before and after pics I took of the car….I think it looks great, and unlike the Audi A4 pics I posted last weekend, the UPP leaves a nice and wet finish on the slightly darker Grey of the MINI. (Something I was certainly looking for on the Cooper S):

Driver Wheel Prior to Rim Bright:

Driver Wheel Post Rim Bright:
(Curb Rash not accomplished by me.)
Rear Before:

Rear After:

UPP Reflections:

In my most recent order from Autopia (in which I got my pads, and towels) I also got their Sonus All In One Cleaner (Degreaser, etc), their Caranuba Spritz which I plan to use as a gloss agent after applying my P21S to the M3 this weekend, and the Sonus MF wash mit (I still need to try these out on my m3 this weekend)...the more I detail and buy new products the more addicted to this I become.

Hopefully you all enjoy my review and stay tuned for the coming reviews of the above mentioned products.

-RIchard

Quick Reply: Product Review with Pics (Cooper S)