Notices

DFW Quality Car Care/Detailers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW Quality Car Care/Detailers?

Recently bought my second p-car, a 1987 Guards Red 951, and want to get it detailed. I found a website for a guy in San Antonio that does really great work, but need something closer to home. I live in Arlington, but someone in the Dallas or Fort Worth area would do. I will do the normal maintnance and cleaning of the car, but plan to pay some money to get a real nice job done every 4-6 months or so. Any recommendations from the list?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:20 PM
cooter-1
Intermediate

I had my car detailed last year at "the Porsche dealer" in Ft. Worth as a Christmas gift from my wife. I wasn't too thrilled with whoever they send their cars out to. I don't think they do the detailing at the actual dealership. There are several spots where they got a little too agressive with the buffer and went down to the base coat. Also, the carpet in the rear cargo area started falling apart from whatever kind of cleaner they used. I'll email an article I did for Slipstream a few years back on detailing if you'd like. If you want to come over to my place some Saturday, we can clay and buff your car.

Take care,
Gary Coots
'87 951 Blue Beast (Nautik Blu Met.) soon to get front end re-painted
Old 04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Go to Autopia.com. There is a guy posting under the name "Scottwax." He is in the metromess area and his work is simply superb.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:01 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

cool, I contacted Scott.. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Sorry to hear about your that Gary.. sounds like they just dump to some local detail crew for their work. I'm going to have Scott do a very thorough job and then I'll probably do it myself, but I'm sure you have some good pointers I could use.

Quick Reply: DFW Quality Car Care/Detailers?